Installing FTX correctly: A few questions

HiFlyer

I have a lot of FTX software (See the list below) and obviously I enjoy it tremendously, but since my first usage of the product, I have always had a lingering confusion as to the installation procedure, and accordingly, I have suffered multiple corruptions of my terrain cfg.

Part of the issue is that there are just so Many updates and updates of the updates of the updated updates........

And FTX itself. Is it "off" while installing scenery and "on" when installing airports? Or does it matter?

Should FSX be restarted after the addition of each new region?

Should FTX be set to "PNW" while installing Pnw scenery's and airports, or should it be off, or does it matter? (especially when you already have AU installed)

I have been searching the forums in detail, and while it seems that parts of the answer can be found in one thread or another, I have yet to find a step by step "NiCK style" guide to the procedures for installation or re-installation of large numbers of FTX scenery's of differing regions at once.

It could be that I have missed it, but I certainly did look.

I think that at this point, with multiple scenery regions available, this would certainly be helpful (certainly to me!)  ;D

Yes, I saw that and it came up in quite a few of my searches as well. The problem was that it still did not answer my questions, specifically about the settings of the ftx switch while installing the various different scenery regions. (na au)

Or if changing the Ftx switch makes no difference, then that could be made clear as well. Especially since other sceneries make specific mention of what the switch should be set to (fsx default) when installing them in the presence of Ftx.

There is no mention of if the na switch must always be active when installing na regions or sceneries or weather in fact the ftx switch has any affect at all during scenery installation.

Is it ok to install na scenery with the au switch active?

With the FSX switch active?

If not what do you need to correct, etc.

It could be clearer.

I´d disable FTX scenery when installing other FTX and non-FTX sceneries just to be on the safe side.

Bjorn

Sounds logical!  :)

But then, so did my original thought that NA should be activated when installing NA scenery and Au active when installing AU scenery..... (Well at least to me, it did)

But that has not been working out well.

Hence the request for some "official" word.

Archived