AI Disappears

chumley

On approach to YSCH I was followed by an AI Qantas Link Dash 8.

I landed and bolted off the runway in time to observe the Dash 8 land and exit the runway when it disappeared.

Is this a parking related problem matter? I recall from my earlier fiddling with AFCAD in FS9 where insufficient parking spots of the correct size resulted in this behaviour. However, given there was two thirds of nothing already at the airport and a scheduled AI flight arriving I would have expected there to be a suitable parking spot available. Is there a program I can use to inpsect airports for parking options and if apprpriate modify the AFCAD (or whatever it s aclled now) to suit?

Thanks

Andy b

i was having the same issue for ai aircraft landing on runway 3 , exiting at taxiway B . asking atc for parking , atc would just say "taxi to gate without any taxiway directions after which ai aircraft would disappear, so using ADE i removed the turn off link at Taxi B hoping to make it roll through to  Taxi C . so now the qantaslink/brindabella planes will land , slow down near taxiway B make a u turn and head back towards taxiway A and exit there , which works ok as it gets full instruction to taxi to parking. however the virgin jet rolls through to C turns and after asking ATC to parking , it gets told to Gate 1 and then it disappears. but if somehow the qlink jet exits at C and asks for parking , it gets directed to gate 3 and it goes there fine

bit baffled also as to whats happening

AI traffic disappear at airports because:

1. There's no parking spots available.

2. There's at least 1 parking spot but it's too small for the ai aircraft.

3. There's no taxiway or apron link path connected to the parking spot.

They might be wrong but correct me if Im wrong.  :)

Here's some other information:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=14933.msg129291#msg129291

Not quite sure why you are having aircraft disappear at YSCH. The AFCAD has adequate parking for all the aircraft included within the FTX AU Traffic pack and I am not aware of any broken links in the taxiway network for the airport.

I'll have a look at this over the next day or so and see if I can reproduce your issue.

I can confirm that all AI traffic is disappearing after exiting the runway at taxiway B. (probably B for Bermuda Triangle).

I've checked all the nodes and links in the APX and can find no reason for this problem. This issue could take some time to resolve and may require the relevant taxiways to be completely redone. I'll report on progress with this in due course.

thanks for the update graham. i was paranoid thinking ive done something.

just as mentioned previously of taxiway C to parking bay 1 also has same problem, however from parking 1 taxi to runway 21 via Taxiway C is fine. strange huh

anyway ive disabled taxiway B exit for the moment

did some more fiddling with ADE and managed to solve the taxiway C to Parking 1 issue by adding a node just behind the hold short node(well at least i think thats what worked) but now the virgin jet exits at C gets instructed to gate 1 via taxiway C which it does. 

tried this with B but no luck there(( must be something else there)  but i wouldnt think that gets used by bigger aircrafts in real operations as it seems fairly narrow.

so not to fussed about taxiway B

I've now resolved this issue.

The problem was with the dummy pathways placed each side of the main taxiway to create the double yellow lines to the taxiway edge. One of the nodes on this dummy pathway was too close to the aircraft once it passed the hold short node, and the aircraft was jumping across to it and onto what was a taxiway to nowhere.

I've amended the APX file and all is now working well. We'll issue an update for YSCH in due course. 

Archived