Freeware 1.1

jgutteri

Hi Guys,

Just wondering why the icon in the freeware section for the airports has now changed to Airports and Scenery 1.1.  The download link still provides 1.01 - I'm a little confused, sorry!  I know you are planning to release a new version for compatibility with Gold, is this going to be it?

Cheers, James

AU Blue: #3310

That's a placeholder icon for the current 1.01 version (could not fit the extra '0' in, LOL!).

The new 1.2 version will be released soon and will be a complete replacement download and install for the 1.01 version, so that all goes away. We are renaming it to FTX Freeware, because it will encompass airfields and scenery instead of just airfields.

Bottom line: new 1.2 version replaces everything released up till now

So what will the 'scenery' part of the freeware entail exactly?  Sounds exciting, but I thought that AUBlue was the scenery.

AU BLUE is not an airport scenery product. It has never been promoted as being such at all (please check the website).  1.2 will add about 114 airfields and 16 scenery areas for a total of 130 new scenery elements. That's the current count of the beta build, and it will probably go up before release :)

1.2 is scenery for all BLUE and GOLD. It's now FTX Freeware, not AU BLUE Freeware anymore :)

We now have just one installer for all Australian airfields and scenery to keep things simple. If you don't have GOLD it's no big deal (you can still visit the airfields/scenery), and when you install GOLD they will be nicely blended in :)

Current installer is about 600MB which will need 600MB + 1GB of disk space to install. Future versions will only be incremental updates, so for example 1.3 will be about 200-300MB and *adds* to 1.2 already installed. Similar to how we did it with the VOZ freeware.

Archived