Help me Holger

marshkop

Hello sir, I have a problem that I think I know what to do but I need reasurence. Do I reinstall PNW or are there mesh files to reinstall. I also know the reason why this has happend, I installed FSGenisis US and Can.

Posted Image

Hey Holg, thanx for the reply. All airports exept the payware Orbx products like 1S2, 3w5, and Concrete are like this one. There elevated or sunken into the earth. I will load another screenie a little later my wife is about to give birth to our 2nd.

Posted Image

Thanx again and Cheers to you :)

Hi marshkop,

best wishes for the birth of your second child!!!

First thing I'd do is make sure that you have the latest PNW 002 patch installed - http://fullterrain.com/support.html - and then cycle FTX Central once to FSX Default and then back to North America.

Did you install those add-on mesh files with a separate scenery library entry? If so make sure that its entry is at lower display priority than (= underneath) all ORBX entries in the FSX scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holg, did everything you said but I installed FSGenisis mesh with installers and I dont know how to uninstall them. I actually don't want to cause they were expensive so now what boss? Would it help if I reinstalled PNW? If I do do I reinstall the rest of the airports and libraries? 

Thanx Holg

ps: no baby yet

Hi there,

if you installed the FSG mesh into its default location then they will be in the numbered folders (e.g., "0101 Base") in your scenery library menu and thus already at lower display priority than FSG, meaning you should be OK.

Do you have any other scenery library entries above the ORBX entries? Are you using a third-party AI add-on like MyTraffic or such?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

it's possible that Traffic X includes elevation adjustment files of its own.

Let's try this: run a Windows search for all .bgl files with KSEA in its name and post a screenshot of the search result that includes full file names and paths. That way I can check whether there are files active that shouldn't be.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger, I couldnt find those specific files, lots of blg files, and I looked for an hour. I've come up with a quicker sollution. I just reinstalled PNW and the 2nd patch, now all is well again.

You are such a patient man to go thru all the files just to find one. Should I be worried about residual effects form this. It does seem fine. Anyway thankyou so much sir for your patient's.

ps: I still love FTX and cant wait for Pacific Fjords, by the way was NRM or PFj. first to come out.

Archived