Occasional FSX failure

chumley

Hello

I am currently experiencing the occasional failure of FSX. I can be flying for quite a while when suddenly the screen gets a misty look about it, the HDD has a bit of a hissy fit and the Win 7 version of the hourglass (I think of it as a dog chasing it's tail :-) ) is displayed and the 'Not responding' message appears on the top bar. The only way out of the cyucle is to crash out of FSX, reload and start from the last FSUIPC checkpoint.

I am using Win 7 64 OS. The question I have is will the UIautomationcore dll thingy make a difference? Is this symptomatic of running out of memory? Is it sympotomatic of a failing memory stick?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Andy b

Andy,

Nothing immediately comes to mind.  Your system specs are more than adequate to run Win7 and FSX comfortably.

You do not indicate your PSU specs, one area that can be a problem, and could be the cause you indicate.

Also look at cooling, overheating can also be another cause.

You say your HDD has a "hissy fit", I assume this is indicated by some noticeable noise.  Could you be a bit more specific.

WHS. First place I'd check is the Windows Application error log (Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer). That will tell you the faulting module, what kind of crash it was etc. That will then give us a direction to look in...

This was one of them:

Application error.

FSX.exe

475e17d3

uiautomationcore.dll

4a5bdb1d

c0000005

0000e52a

b5c

01cb519d7bb41376

E:\FSX\FSX.exe

C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll

573ff8be-bd94-11df-8e15-e0cb4e321d80

and another was:

Application hang

FSX.exe

01cb516b21556fc2

E:\FSX\FSX.exe

cd63043b-bd70-11df-8e15-e0cb4e321d80

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Is this what you were asking?

Thanks

Andy b

I think you'll find, this is your answer:

1, Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mik2mlqdz1w/UIAutomationCore.zip

2, Drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file into the FSX root folder

3, While your in the root FSX folder, Hold Shift and right click, select "open command window here" from the list of options

4, Then into the CMD window that appears, copy paste this: regsvr32 UIAutomationCore.dll

5, Then press Enter

And I think this should have been in another section of the forum.

Frank

Hey, no offence taken. You are correct - should have shoved it in the other forum. For some reason I thought the UIAutomationcore.dll was a 32 bit OS file otherwise I would have given it a shot before asking. On to it now. Many thanks

Andy b

Archived