Bloody Blurries

G'day All,

I've just about had enough with my blurries problem so I decided to ask for help.

I've gone through just about every topic with the word blurry in it but still the same.

I believe I have alright specs to get them but its just not right.

I have;

Microsoft Pro XP SP2

Intel core 2 duo

6400 @ 2.13GHZ

2.49GB RAM

232 GB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256mb

Any help would be really appreciated.

Here are some shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey john, that plane you have, i painted that, I also no longer have it on my PC, could you please send it to me? I have been wondering how i will get that back for a while now :)

As fas as I know, it

s the 2,13 ghz that are holding your FSX back.

Especially combined with your video card, 2,13 ghz is just not enough. I have a E6750 @ 2,7 ghz and while it runs smoothly most of the time, I encounter blurries from time to time, after having applied various tweaks.

I'm no expert at this, but maybe overclocking is the way to go for you.

Hey Alex.  I run my E6750 at 3.4gHz - no problems.  In the BIOS, go to the M.I.T. section where there's a CPU Clock Ratio multiplier that needs to be changed from 6 to 8.  This makes a significant difference to FSX.  No Guarantees and all Risks are your own, of course.

Thanks for the advive guys.

I think I just might need to up date my CPU sometime in the future.

What are your frame rates set at?...I use 22fps and no longer have the dreaded blurries.

I set my fps at 25.

Hey john, that plane you have, i painted that, I also no longer have it on my PC, could you please send it to me? I have been wondering how i will get that back for a while now

Jason were you talking to me. If so the repaint of the C208 is one that I did a month back now. If you would like it i'll try and get it to you.

Cheer

Hugh

John, i don't see FSX blurries (not completely loaded textures) in those pictures above. Of course FSX reduces the level of detail further out. The only thing you can do is to increase the LOD radius (which is a huge FPS killer) or run the sim at a very high resolution like 1920x1200 and very high AF settings. Therefore you'll need some serious GPU power. And even then you have to zoom out pretty much to get a sharp picture at the horizon.

Btw - any chance to download this nice 208 livery ?

For such high resolutions you need usually a 24" monitor (if you use LCD). The upcoming 9900 GTX will most likely chew it at 16x quality AF and 8x quality AA. My over clocked and water cooled BFG 8800 GTX (at 650/2000) struggles... So we are talking about two very expensive pieces of hardware.

Try zooming out to .60 and see if things look better.  If you are zoomed in too much you're going to see the lower LOD textures in the distance.  Also if texture seem that they are not loading in fast enough below the plane a Quad core may be the only cure.  I tried for a long time to get blurry free on my dual, and once I got a Quad my blurries were gone, and my quad runs 600MHz slower than mty daul. 

Archived