FTX Central error on changing to PNW region - possible workaround?

robmw

Hi,

This is a follow-on to my earlier post regarding a strange .NET exception reporting a corrupted path to my terrain.cfg file. I've spent a good deal of time trying to pin this down without success and haven't found anything similar reported elsewhere on the support forums. I've also tried reinstalling everything and applying every available patch.

In the course of my investigations I think I now have good idea of the file operations performed by FTX Central by looking at the various config files in the scripts folders and comparing the various texture, autogen and other files in the custom.au and custom.na folders. As far as I can see these all get copied, presumably before the .NET exception is thrown leaving the terrain.cfg updates. However, terrain.cfg also seems to have all the ORBX AU and NA entries, correctly numbered, so it may be that FTX regions are being properly set before the exception is thrown.

Can one of the developers here confirm if this is correct or am I missing any vital configuration changes or file updates? I'm at a complete loss to fix this error and happy to live with the exception provided FTX Central has done it's job.

BTW - FTX scenery also seems to load ok both in AU and PNW although I've yet to do any extensive flights.

Thanks again,

Rob W

Archived