Beta Shots 0047-0055

Just joined & these are jaw dropping!!!!

Can hardly wait to load up & have a flight over this scenery.

Is there anywhere to pre-order? :P just kidding, I believe it's not far away.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it :)

We will be making an announcement on October 1st and we may be allowing pre-orders for those who want to grab an early discount :)

The product looks superb and I can't wait. 

I understood it was to be released at the Australian Flightsim Expo on the Gold Coast October 27.

I am geared up to be there, with plastic at the ready.  I would prefer to have it on disc rather than download so I am banking on the Expo!!

I shouldn't have jumped in so quickly - looking at all of the screenshots I must upgrade my reaction to awe-struck.  So much so, that I can see little significant difference to the photoreal scenery made by Horizon for England and Wales.

Did I read that a payware Tamworth and region will also be released?  If my recall is correct will it be available at the same time? Or on what general timeline.

This scenery will unquestionably revolutionise FSX and must surely be the basis for all future scenery add-ons.  It makes Vancouver+ look very ordinary.

Any screenies for SE Queensland as yet?

Hi there Macca,

No we are not releasing a payware Tamworth at this stage, just our new ground texture product and also a freeware airport for Lilydale, Victoria.

At this stage we won't be releasing at the Oz FS Expo on the Gold Coast, but we will have near-final product on display for you to have a hands-on demo, with release not long after that.

John: thanks for your response.  Thatch did a really nice Melton for FS9, and I've missed it in FSX.  Lilydale will be great as a VFR base in Melbourne.  I am a little sorry, but can understand it not being ready for the Convention, but I look forward to seeing it demonstrated there.  My credit card is ready to go.

By the way I am in Melbourne so if there is any beta testing needed let me know.  I have a high end system running through a Matrox Triple Head2Go - my screenshots have to be done with a camera as JPEGS.

I'm doing it again, sorry.  I just had a look at Lilydale on Google Earth.  I also noticed in a previous thread you had called wish lists.  Mine are, 1. it would be wonderful to have an unsealed strip reflect its real surface rather than the uniform and wrong MSFS defaults, and 2. on Google Earth I counted 26 static aircraft.  I miss the static aircraft, parked cars and the like that make airports interesting and textured.  Is it possible to give Lilydale more static airplanes to add to the realism?

Hi Macca

There are 2 main ways to add statics to an airport.  Firstly, it can be traffic that just doesn't move often.  Secondly, it can be Instant Scenery mdls.  Unfortunately there are very few static mdls available and most of them are very old so don't look too good.  I have made one static mdl: the yellow Pawnee at YAUL Aratula in VOZ for FS9 - the amount of work is disproportionately high for the benefit (at least with my knowledge/talent).

I've trawled the net a number of times in search of good statics - fruitless.

I here FSX allows traffic in MP, so AI is the way to go! .... if your PC can stand it.  Use Ttools.

Mark

Archived