FTX Central error on loading PNW config

robmw

Hi,

I'm just on the last leg of a new PC build and FSX install and have finally got round to testing and configuring FTX AU, PNW etc. The default FSX and AU regions appear to install ok via FTX central but PNW raises the following exception: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Flight Simulator XNJ\terrain.cfg'. (I've posted the full text further down). This behaviour is repeated consistently and I've not been able to find anything similar reported on the support forums.

I tried looking through some of the config xml's but can't find anything obviously wrong with paths etc. In all other respects my new install seems to be working fine with lots of other add-on sceneries such as UTX, Tongass Fjords which make changes to autogen and terrain config files. The fact this exception is only raised with PNW while default FSX and Australia seem to be configured ok may point to something specific to the PNW install...

FTX Central, the orbx libs and all my sceneries are patched to the latest versions and FSX is installed to E:\Flight Simulator X where drive E: is a dedicated partition on my second hard disk.

Thanks for any help you can provide. (Although I have purchased most of the orbx sceneries I only put my PNW order number in my sig to save time and space as I only have a problem with PNW - I can add them if needed)

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Flight Simulator XNJ\terrain.cfg'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)

at System.IO.File.ReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)

at FTXCentral.TerrainConfig.CFGFileToList(String ConfigFilename)

at FTXCentral.TerrainConfig.LoadTerrainCFG()

at FTXCentral.PublicDefs.UpdateTerrainCFGGrass()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi again,

Just in case no reply yet because I didn't provide my full sig, it's there now. I was in a hurry to post yesterday before going out in the hope that someone might reply by today and I thought just my order number for PNW would be ok.

I've tried the hotfix patch even though the error is different but that has no effect either. The weird thing is that it only affects North America, not default FSX or Australia. What seems to occur is that my FSX path is somehow corrupted from 'E:\Flight Simulator X' to 'E:\Flight Simulator XNJ' (letters 'NJ' appended). I have no idea where these extra letters are coming from and all my other add-on installs that rely on a correct FSX path are working correctly, including FTX Central for default FSX and Australia.

This is a major pain as one of the big incentives to upgrade my PC was to be able to fly PNW properly!

Hoping  someone has some suggestions ???

I decided to try to narrow down the point at which the error occurs by removing all my FTX installs and starting at the beginning, which for me is the FTX AU SP3 DVD. At this point there are no problems switching between FSX default and FTX Australia. The FTX Central build is 1013 (May 2009). Interestingly I note that both orbx\scripts\backup and orbx\FTXCentral\InstallBackup folders are created and populated at this point (some other posts regarding FTX Central problems also mentioned these).

I then installed the AU SP3.001 patch, installing FTX Central 1020 (July 2009) and the error appears. The message is always the same as reported previously and it must have been that I didn't switch between regions sufficiently during my earlier installation.

This problem doesn't appear on my old Windows XP64 machine so it may have something to do with Windows 7 or possibly a recent .NET update?

I've tried to eliminate as many other possibilities as I can think of such as ensuring UAC is off and running my installs and FTX Central with admin rights. I've done a lot of programming with VB and C# .NET so you can imagine it's quite frustrating not to be able to run in debug and see what exactly is going on when the exception is raised and why my FSX install path is appearing corrupted.

Archived