FTX Central Issue

stiletto2

Added OZx NA the other day.  After adding the two OZx NA scenery entries to the Library while in FSX Default mode, I switched to North America and FTX Central rolled in the PNW scenery entries as it should but the two OZx NA library entries disappeared.  No matter how I load the two OZx NA Scenery Libary items when I run FTX Central going either way, the OZx NA Scenery library entries disappear.  It is as if the FTX Central scripts are smart enough to remove the two OZx entries from the library but does not put them back when I switch to North AMerica.  Is my FTX Central not working right...is there a specific file that FTX Central needs to see to roll the OZx NA libary entries back in that is missing?  I seem to be the only one with this problem.

Since clearly FTX Central was built to handle OZx library entries (roll them in and out) and someone at ORBX would know how it works, I am thinking you might be able to shed some light on this.

The OZx people tell me that I have all of the correct files and they are stumped on why FTX Central doesn't roll the OZx lilbary entries back into the libary when I switch to North America.

Any ideas you might have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stiletto2

Are the OZx entries being removed from the list and not coming back at all? or are they just getting shunted down below the FTX entries?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your interest.  For some reason, FTX Central will not roll in the two OZx NA scenery library entries as it is supposed to on my system.  It does roll them out....so the result is as if they have disappeared when you go to North America and then go back to FSX Default.  It rolls the OZx Scenery Library entries out but will not ever roll them back in.  There may  be at least one other person who is having this problem that I know of.  I have detailed it quite specifically in this thread in OZx forum but Mark Lee is a bit stumped on why this is happening and for so few people....at least one for sure.

Here is the link to the thread :  http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=5944

To make a long story short......on  my system FTX Configurator does not seem to be keying properly on the "OZx" characters in the Title= lines of the scenery library entry mask.  I can't do a line by line trace on the FTX Configurator code to know why.  It does roll the libary entries in properly if FTX is in the Title= line so that is how I developed the work around for myself.

See the OZx link for the rest of the detail. 

Stiletto2

Are the OZx entries being removed from the list and not coming back at all? or are they just getting shunted down below the FTX entries?

So can you confirm the OZx entries are not just being dropped down below the FTX entries? (and out of sight on the second page) which does happen for some people and is easily fixed

So can you confirm the OZx entries are not just being dropped down below the FTX entries? (and out of sight on the second page) which does happen for some people and is easily fixed

Ooops...sorry about not giving you a direct answer to your question.  I can confirm that the OZx entries are not just being dropped down below the FTX entries but in fact are being totallly removed from the Scenery Library and never to return.

This confimration was made by looking at the entire scenery library before and after cycling FTX Central from Norht America to FSX Default and then back to North America. This was also confirmed by doing an electronic search of the scenery.cfg file on the letters "OZx".

Stiletto2

Archived