Courage and Passion

Laurie Doering

• 2 weeks later...

You created this ?.. This is spectacular ...I dont no what to say .. It actualy brought a tear to my eye when the photos of all those warrior airmen as you showed stating the statics... the info was great the editing great the flight sim shots great!

you have a  talent I hope to see more of this type of creation !! :D

You created this ?.. This is spectacular ...I dont no what to say .. It actualy brought a tear to my eye when the photos of all those warrior airmen as you showed stating the statics... the info was great the editing great the flight sim shots great!

you have a  talent I hope to see more of this type of creation !! :D

Thanks. Yes, I put this video together. A fair amount of research (and time) was involved. Quite the learning experience from many perspectives. Planning on more videos in the future.

Thanks Laurie - very, very well done.  As a timely aside, I had the pleasure of watching a Lancaster landing at the Calgary It'l Airport earlier today. I didn't know it was coming, and was working on my roof when it flew directly overhead, low and slow. The sound of those Merlin engines is unforgettable!

"The Aero Space Museum welcomed the Mynarsky Memorial Lancaster, one of only two flying Second World War Lancasters in the world, from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton. (calgary Herald 08/03/2010)."

Fantastic video Laurie , it brought back lots of memories for me as I used to live close to Scampton ( 617 sqdn ) when I was in my youth. Nothing like the sound of merlins, be it from Lancs or Spitfires. Look forward to more of you work Laurie.

Thanks for sharing.

Roy

Thanks Laurie - very, very well done.  As a timely aside, I had the pleasure of watching a Lancaster landing at the Calgary It'l Airport earlier today. I didn't know it was coming, and was working on my roof when it flew directly overhead, low and slow. The sound of those Merlin engines is unforgettable!

"The Aero Space Museum welcomed the Mynarsky Memorial Lancaster, one of only two flying Second World War Lancasters in the world, from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton. (calgary Herald 08/03/2010)."

Thanks! I am a 20 minute drive from the Mynarsky Memorial Lanc kept at the Warplane Museum in Hamilton. I do hear the plane occasionally as it departs to various airshows across Canada and the US.

Fantastic video Laurie , it brought back lots of memories for me as I used to live close to Scampton ( 617 sqdn ) when I was in my youth. Nothing like the sound of merlins, be it from Lancs or Spitfires. Look forward to more of you work Laurie.

Thanks for sharing.

Roy

Glad I was able re-kindle memories for you Roy! Yes, definitely great to hear those unmistakeable Merlins. Certainly hope to make more videos! Thanks again.

Great work indeed. the concept of the video is very good. i really like it. and the soundtrack creates the perfect atmosphere. Must have taken you a long time of research to produce this video. hat down

Thanks Xavier! Yes, a good deal of research was required to grind out the final product. A lot of enjoyment though!

• 1 month later...

What more can be said- absolutely exceptional!

Thanks. I have had replies from WWII veterans including a couple of surviving aircrew members who flew the Lancs. It brought back great memories for them.  One crew member even commented on the video opening ....  reminding him of the "Bomber's Moon" (which I was not aware of).

Archived