Motion Platform for Sim

Hello All,

Finally saved enough money for major upgrade for my sim. I would like to get some advice if possible please in reference to motion platforms.

I have invested in a NLR Flight Pro Seat, NLR Pro Flight Stand and now I am wanting to purchase a motion platform. The one I am looking at is Next Level Racing Motion Simulator Platform V3.

I am after some advice, and also to see if anyone is using this setup. Is it worth the investment? Does it perform well with MSFS2020?

Any information is much appreciated. There is a lot of info online, but I would rather get your help and find out from my fellow Flight Simmers.

Regards

Sam

You lucky man Sam! Don't know if you've seen this vid. He's a Gold Coast local I think, he raves about his motion platform.

Cheers 

Graeme :)

Hello boetie,

Thank you for the video mate. Very interesting video. Seems the NLR Motion Plus may be the choice. I am still reaching out to fellow simmers with any information that will help make my decision.

Appreciate your time Graeme.

Have a magic day

Sam

• Like 2

Hello All,

Well after much consideration and advice, I have decided to go with the NLR Motion Plus. I hear ya wain71. Has taken me over 12 months to save.

I am excited, and I will keep you all updated once it arrives, and I have had a chance to check it out. Still has not arrived yet. LOL

Cheers

Sam

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello boetie,

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here mate. Ok, I loved the motion plus platform so much that I bought another one for the front.

Yep, can you believe it, I got 2. LOL

This is a real game changer for me. Plus with my VR headset VARJO Aero, My simulator setup is awesome now thanks to my finance officer. wink wink.

Anyways, it really makes the Simulator more immersive as well as more realistic. The VR portion is so much better with motion. I am more interested in flying now than cooking grub. LOL.

I have the NLR Flight Seat Pro, with NLR Flight Stand Pro, NLR Pro Monitor Stand with a Samsung 49" curved monitor. I will get some pictures soon.

Best money I have spent and looking forward to many hours of training.

Happy to answer anybody's questions if you have any.

Regards

Sam

• Like 2

Actually Sam, I have a question, when you say you have two and another is "for the front" what do you mean you greedy b__tard?

Cheers 

Graeme :)

• Like 1

Hello Graeme,

LOL. Well no point in just having one at the back. So yes, I got another one for the front of my sim setup (Another $5ooo). Meaning one at front and back, not 3, Crikey's finance officer will question that.🤑 LOL. A lot of saving.

Because I have the NLR Pro Flight Seat with the Flight Stand Pro, I was able to place another motion plus at the front under the Flight Stand Pro. So now I have 2 platforms and it is pretty awesome I must say. It has become very expensive to fly for real now Graeme, so next best thing is my sim. $280 an hr just to hire a Tecnam P92. Not to mention the cost of your pilot stuff. I have not flown for over 12 months now.

My VR setup is with a VARJO Aero Headset, and with the 2 motion platforms, it has made a huge difference in VR. Lucky me I guess. I will get some pics tomorrow as I am away at mo.

Regards

Sam

• Like 2

Hello All,

Here we go boetie. Please note this is still in build stage. So many cables to manage and with the second motion plus platform should make it pretty ok.

Just a few more things to add. Ipad for GPS, working with AVPlan, and another throttle quadrant to use with twin engine aircraft (not installed yet).

I will keep you all updated when things get rolling along.

Still have to install second motion plus yet. Also just spent a lot on my new rig.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Regards

Sam

sim2.jpg

sim3.jpg

• Like 1

Hello wain71,

I was very impressed with one module at first, but 2 is even better. Expectations were more than I expected to be honest. Still waiting on some other gear to arrive to complete setup.

The Team where I buy my gear from are very helpful. More updates will follow soon. Man, when it comes to being patient at 64, its tough stuff. LOL.

Cheers

Sam

• Like 1
  • Haha 1