paying someone who lives in melbourne to set up pc and fsx?

timmo32

hello guys call me crazy or not ,with all the issues ive been having and the number of post i have put in this area in regards to my pc issue-fsx freeze issue  ??? ,i would be willing to pay someone who knows about pc hardware settings,and fsx and graphics card settings to come out and check or fix it for me, the amount of money i have spent in trying to solve my issue so i can enjoy my hobby,  i live in the western suburbs of melbourne and to post this request on a forum means i have had enoughf of the issue and dont really know wat im doing and scared i will fry something on my pc,any ways this is no joke if anyones interested let me know ,thanks peoples.

Hi Timmo

Just a quick question.  Does your pc crash with a straight vanilla FSX and no overclocking? I know that you have probably tried this before but its allways better to start with the egg so to speak and let it grow into a chicken. Have you done a straight setup with no soundcard installed for example? I had consant blue screens and freezes for around 18mths over three machines. Two of them were AMD machines and the last one an i7. I eventually found the problems but it was a combination of machine setup and FSX so just sending your machine to someone else will not necessarily mean that the machine will run perfectly.  It may however give you quite a few more trips to and fro to whoever is setting it up. I have written up a few of the problems I was having with FSX in the past, they will be floating around here some where. Make sure that you do not have any memory leaks...they can be hard to find but a program will go in a loop so to speak until all the available memory is use and the bammo... bluescreen. I hope this helps in some way, I know you have been writting here for a while but you will find heaps of info here to help you.

Ken  :)

thanks for your reply mate i have a stock sound card and did a complete reinstall of window 7 ,to me it seems like a issue with memory or hardware im not sure wat to check and the settings the bios my freeze mainly happens over water ,my favourite flight i do is ymml to auckland ,all is ok until im over water for about 40 mins then the freeze happens offcorse i have the fsx speed of x2 enabled for most of the flight tho,and fsx real weather enable no rex weather engine running,i would like to know how to put my bios back to stock ,including my ram,its a headache trying to solve this issue mate thats why i posted this rare request for help,i myself sound like a very broken record,in both this forum and the rex forum,so wat to do next mate ??? ???thanks for your interest in helping mate.

Setting the BIOS to stock settings is very simple, I believe on Gigabyte motherboards the option is on the first screen. The option will be called something like "return to factory defaults". It's simply a matter of selecting that and when it reboots it will run as it did out of the box - bus speeds, multipliers, timings, voltages etc will be back to their defaults.

Mike

If you want to determine stability of your hardware... run Prime95 to test CPU and run a memtest86 I think its called for your memory... the two main things to test really. I suspect it's not a hardware issue though. Your crashes seem different to mine though, so I cant begin to imagine where the problem may lie.

Hi

If you have the book for your mother board look up the reset function. Normally to reset a board completelly you unplug the power and remove the backup battery on the mother board. Once you have done this find the reset pins on the mother board and short them together with a small screwdriver or something similar. Just be sure you remove the battery and power to ensure you dont damage the board.

Hi

If you have the book for your mother board look up the reset function. Normally to reset a board completelly you unplug the power and remove the backup battery on the mother board. Once you have done this find the reset pins on the mother board and short them together with a small screwdriver or something similar. Just be sure you remove the battery and power to ensure you dont damage the board.

On newer motherboards, there's just a CMOS reset button on the back I/O panel... press it... and start up the comp... itll ask you whether you want to go back to the last known stable setup... not sure if this will get you back to factory setting thoughts... as was suggested... it's pretty easy to find that option in the BIOS itself but I don't think it's a hardware issue to be honest. If nothing else crashes and the system is stable... unfortunately... to me that says one thing... software... I'm no guru or expert by any means but form experience, if a program crashes its a fault in the program somewhere for some reason.

thanks for all replys to my issue, also atomic_sheep been following your posts also and have been feeling very sorry for you and yes your crashs are far worst then mine,my pc shop did say its a software issue ,but going back before the system was overclocked i use to be able to do fights with no issues at all,even with rex running,my brother inlaw works with pcs and he tried installing extra ram for me,but the ram was no match to the ram currently in my mechine,the ram was rated at 1.8v,not 1.65,as i had in my mechine already the 1.65 ,2 x 2gig sticks see my signature ,he was trying to install the 1.8v ram sticks,which took my total ram number to a odd 10 gig,well anyways during him doing that the pc failed to boot and made alot of beeb sounds,before he had to remove the ram,taking my number back to a even 6 gig,which i have in the pc today,maybe that was the trigger of all this issues im stuck with today,then we atempted to overclock it to 4.1 gig,and it frozes alot,but just the game not the pc,then i had enoughf and took it to a pc shop to re apply the overclock back to 4 gig,and yes they ran all the test ,mem tests,cpu stable tests,ect,since that faithful day my headachces have started,and thanks mike for the bios advice ,i might be forced to reset everything and thanks ken for trying to help,as i said my offer is still open for anyones help,who lives in melbourne,even a pc guy from the forum who lives in melbourne i will pay or look after who ever helps me thanks heaps.

As an amateur overclocker there is no question that oc-ing can cause instability.  Wrong multiplier, RAM rendered unstable etc etc

I am still inclined to stay at native CPU speeds until there is a factory issued overclocking manual!

Or as you are trying to do, pay an expert.  I think that I will next.

your correct ian and i think i plan on resetting all my settings back to default in the bios ,and i did pay an expert too, to apply the overclock,will see how it goes over the weekend.

thanks for your support ken and friends,will reset the bios and also upgrade to a new case at the same time,hopefully will test tommorow at the default clockspeed thanks.

Archived