New WHQL Nvidia Driver Released 258.96

Sorry boys and girls,

I may have steered you wrong. I have had several CDT's as has a friend of mine that downloaded the same 258.96 driver. I rolled back to 257.21 and all seems well. Sorry about that!

Don't you mean CTD?  :D

No worries - thanks for the heads up... 

I found this driver works well for my FSX PC, but is wreaking havoc on my productivity machine (i7 920 with 6gb ram and a 295GTX). I use it for DVD production and it's hanging with some of my software.

Might have to roll them back on that unit, yet.

Frank

Sorry boys and girls,

I may have steered you wrong. I have had several CDT's as has a friend of mine that downloaded the same 258.96 driver. I rolled back to 257.21 and all seems well. Sorry about that!

Don't you mean CTD?  :D

No worries - thanks for the heads up...

LOL Yup I meant CTD!    :)

That reminds me: Did you hear about the dyslectic athiest insomniac? He stayed up all night worrying about whether or not their really is a dog...  ::)

Mango,

NickN created a profile that all you do is load and it makes FSX look the way it looked with Nhancer.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34873&title=nhancer-for-25715-and-25721-updated

I'm using the 8xQ profile. It looks beautiful!

Since i just got GTX480, i applying this tweak now, does that work with 258.96 or only the ones stated in that topic? (257.15 and 257.21)

Mango,

NickN created a profile that all you do is load and it makes FSX look the way it looked with Nhancer.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34873&title=nhancer-for-25715-and-25721-updated

Since i just got GTX480, i applying this tweak now, does that work with 258.96 or only the ones stated in that topic? (257.15 and 257.21)

As far as I can tell the profile works well with any of the 200 series Nvidia drivers. I use the C16xS version for a higher level of quality. Very, very good!

Mango,

As far as I can tell the profile works well with any of the 200 series Nvidia drivers. I use the C16xS version for a higher level of quality. Very, very good!

Thanks! incredibly smooth image quality, and steady 30 fps in all rural PNW areas! Now i need to tune my settings best for KSEA, as im getting 15's around downtown Seattle in Carenado Bonanza. Will do my bench soon.

Mango,

Aye, i tried 8xS and it looks way better than all default AA profiles. What on earth is nVidia doing...

When my new mainboard is up and running, i'll try the other two as well - though at 1920x1200 8xS looks already pretty perfect.

Thanks DJ for the heads up !

I have found little difference, performance wise, using 8xS over other AA types with FSX... I have been waiting for the new nHancer, but gave in and used Mr.N's file and it works fine with this driver set.  It's nice to have all the surfaces antialiased again which is a feature of the combined mode over multisample modes.

Using this profile XML, you do need to un-tick the FSX AA in-game or it will not work, the opposite of how it used to be.

I have no idea why these modes are not available as standard in the nV control panel  ???

Ebo, oh yeah it's quiet a visual difference. The default nVidia AA is anything else than perfect. Those nHancer settings really improve the whole picture noticeable, but you might see a performance hit (there is no free lunch ya know  ;D).

But maybe you can run it, just try ?

Archived