Can I ask for "Manual Download"?

Turbo.M

Hi!

I've encountered a download problem.

The Orbx Central always shows "Error, Could not download and save the manifest". And my owned products and Freeware products are not shown in the APP.

Windows 11.

Tried using/not using VPN. Able to browse Google and Google Drive while VPN is on. Tried all connection modes related to VPN. Tried connecting PC to mobile phone hotspot (5G).

Firewall entirely OFF, Anti-virus entirely OFF.

And I've tried all solutions available on the Furom such as adding "strict-ssl false" to the shortcut Target, and nothing worked.

I think this should be a network problem due to my Internet operator (ChinaNet) since the same problem has shown up in iniBuild's iniManager.

But interestingly, half years ago, the Central was fine with the Internet, smooth downloading with no problem. But that's the last time I've used the Central until now I'm back, and the problem occurs.

So, is there any way to ask for a manual download? Like the way iniBuild does, send a request e-mail to them and they will offer a time-limited Google Drive download link to do so.

Super appreciate it if someone could me help out! 

Also, if there is no manual download, then sadly I might stop buying Orbx stuff even though it is superb.

-Turbo.M

Edited by Turbo.M

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
manual downloads were discontinued some time ago.
Which product(s) are you wanting to install?

EGCK Airport, sir.

I actually wanted to buy the TrueEarth So-Cal HD Version, but now since there is no manual download, sadly I cannot buy it... 

Hello,
before we go any further, can you try a complete reinstallation of Orbx central please?

Here is how to do that:

1. Open: Orbx Central\Settings\Downloader and note the location of the temporary files.
In Windows File Explorer, go to that location and delete the Orbx folder.

2. Close Orbx Central and uninstall it, using the Windows Control Panel

3. Delete:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\orbx-central-updater and

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central

4. Reinstall Orbx Central from this link:  https://orbxdirect.com/central

Holy cow! I fixed that! 

I turned my VPN(Clash for Windows)'s TUN Mode on, also used Overall control mode(I'm not sure if this is translated correctly, but I believe the VPN user knows what I'm saying), and then it worked!!!!!!!

Edited by Turbo.M
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...