new motherboard and cpu - will Orbx still work?

Hi community, my question has been asked in the past but just wanted to make sure the information is still up to date.

I plan to replace my motherboard and CPU and probably install MS Windows from new. Is the Orbx licence connected to the hardware, should I uninstall all products before replacing the motherboard?

I can try to keep the software (and MS Windows as a whole) and see if it will work with the new motherboard but if not, I might have issues uninstalling Orbx with the new motherboard in place.

Therefore, it is important to know if I can just format the hard disk if necessary or if Orbx need to be uninstalled in order to use it "on another computer".

I want to avoid the situation with a new motherboard and CPU installed but the sceneries do not work as the software thinks I already use the licence elsewhere.

Thank you for that, it's from 2016 but I will follow the instructions and do a backup as described in the topic.

I will first re-connect the old hard drive and see if it just works with the new setup (I might have to purchase a new Windows key). If I run into issues I will wipe the drive and do a fresh install with the backup. Fingers crossed it will all work out 🤞Otherwise it's Orbx support I'll have to contact