Incredibly slow downloads from Orbx Central

David Rogers

Firstly, I tried to find a forum section dedicated to Orbx Central, but it was read only.

Orbx Central was for years my preferred retailer. However, about 4 months ago I started getting ridiculously slow download speeds and thus haven't used it since then.

Today, I thought I'd give it another try and purchased the Boris Audio Works C172 sound set.  It is 20Mb in size.

Let me say that immediately before purchase this, I have just downloaded the latest MSFS update, which downloaded at an average speed of 170Mbps.  I have a very high speed broadband and connection, here in the UK.

I purchased the C172 sound set at 20Mb and the highest speed I had from Orbx Central was 30 kbps ...... kilobytes!   The problem is 100% not at my end.  I have looked at the downloader options in Orbx Central.   All seems to be set up logically, there was nothing I could find that would lead to these speeds that are many hundred times slower than I get from any other download source (inc. MSFS, Just Flight, Simmarket, etc, etc).

What on Earth could be causing this?   As it is, for a 20Mb product to take around 15 minutes to download, I would not dare download anything larger.

I have been purchasing from Orbx since 2008.   I want to buy products from you but cannot with these insanely slow speeds.

Can you offer any help?

Edited by David Rogers

• 2 weeks later...