MSFS Subscription Service for Airports? Where is it?

toby23

A couple of years ago, I read that Orbx were planning a subscription based service for airports. Did this ever happen or is it ever going to happen?
I'm currently working my way around the world in the Vision Jet and Comanche and have many Orbx airports on my list that I would love to fly to and from but as I would only use them once or twice, am unlikely to purchase as there are so many of them.

I have already bought many airports several times from Orbx (FSX, P3D, XP11, MSFS) and, while it's nice to fly from a custom built airport, it's hard to justify spending so much when you only visit them once or twice.

Thank you,

Toby

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

My initial reaction to this idea is that under the current sdk for MSFS it's not possible. An airport has to be installed for it to be accessed and once installed I don't know of any way that Orbx could uninstall it remotely. 

For the purposes of a rtw flight the default airports are surprisingly good, most blend in as they should and most have at least some buildings to give a semblance of reality, unlike the old fsx and p3d airports that were often just a flat bit of tarmac whacked down on to the scenery. 

• Like 3