Is EU Great Britain South for MSFS still being made, or has MSFS 2024 announcement delayed it?

Kjaye

46 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I have to smile. Always the same moaning and nit picking is going on, when a GB scenery pack has been released. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I do get that they can't model everything. But having a POI list so people actually knew what they were getting would be helpful. I know they will add it in a few days on the Orbx Central Discovery map, but it should release with the product.

Also, the scenery conflicts are annoying. As I live in the south of England I have purchased every single payware scenery in the region as well as downloaded every relevant flightsim.to add on. This means that they multiple scenery clashes where objects merge together.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow so you can see what I mean. I'm not sure if this is something Orbx can resolve, or if its an Asobo issue but either way it means this looks like a pack that will have be installed and uninstalled depending on the flight, which is shame.

Plymouth and Portsmouth look worse with the add on than without if you have RealVFR's Plymouth scenery and Seafront Simulation's Vessels South East as their mutual objects clash.

It might not be fair to blame to Orbx, but I don't think its unreasonable to be disappointed that this is the state of MSFS in 2023, where you can't prevent multiple copies of the same landmark be installed on top of each other. I really hope MSFS 2024 is better in this regard.

Edited by Kjaye

Just posted this in one of the other threads but thought it worth saying here as well.

I'm not sure if anything 'official' is intended but I appreciate exactly what you guys are saying and am in the process of sorting out an 'unofficial' KMZ file to show the landmarks present in GB South on Google Earth.

Time consuming and I've a few other things on so please bear with me. I would hope to have it finished by Sunday at the latest and will upload it to these threads.

All the best,

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Burgess said:

Just posted this in one of the other threads but thought it worth saying here as well.

I'm not sure if anything 'official' is intended but I appreciate exactly what you guys are saying and am in the process of sorting out an 'unofficial' KMZ file to show the landmarks present in GB South on Google Earth.

Time consuming and I've a few other things on so please bear with me. I would hope to have it finished by Sunday at the latest and will upload it to these threads.

All the best,

John

Thanks, John, I really appreciate this, as I am sure will many others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is my 'unofficial' kmz file to show which POI's are modelled in GB South.

Hopefully I've got things right but apologies if the odd error is in there.

A couple of points if anyone want's to know!

The GB South scenery is designed to fit with, not conflict with, POI's already available in the Orbx London city pack or addon airports available from our partners via OC.

Hence the lack of POI's in the London area and the likes of the McLaren testing centre at Fairoaks.

Some things were missed and have been mentioned like our Victory conflicting with Seafronts much better model and, I just heard, Chichester Cathedral from Burning Blue.

In spots GB South places objects which you will see on the file kindly mentioned by airtrooper which are not included in my KMZ file.

These are 'defaultish' ships, cranes, gasometers, chimneys etc.

I've left one or two power stations (like Iron Bridge and Ratcliffe on Soar) in despite the fact that all we have done is placed some cooling towers and chimneys.

We are already aware that Ratcliffe conflicts with Pyreegues East Midlands which is not available via Orbx (speaking personally I'm very sad about that).

Anyway here's the file.

Please understand I don't have control of what's included. Personally I would have loved to have the Cardington Hangars. Worked there with the Met Office back in the seventies. They were even used as a film set for a rebel base in Star Wars!

All the best,

John

GB South Landmarks JB.kmz

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to remove unwanted POI's ?  For example, I already have a better severn bridge downloaded from flightsim.to (with moving traffic and lights) and the Orbx one , which is dull and dead, clashes with it.  Also I want to remove the ships in the solent, as they look like lumps of rock from a distance.  They clash with my ship addons.

On 11/24/2023 at 6:13 PM, kieranceltic said:

Molineux (Wolverhampton) and City Ground (Nottingham) files are included within the scenery folder of the installation but do not appear within MSFS.

I'll not ask how you know that :lol:

Looks to me there are models of them in the library file (though city ground seems to be missing textures).

They are not in the placement file so don't appear.

Don't ask me how I know this - I'm just a tester ;)

Unless you can produce your own placement file for Molineux then no to the question of activating them.

Best I can do (and I will) is suggest they might be included in an update if there is one.

Please, everyone, I have not said there is to be an update. That's beyond my pay grade.

Edit - just being nosey! Do those two stadiums have a particular significance for you?

All the best,

John

35 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

I'll not ask how you know that :lol:

Looks to me there are models of them in the library file (though city ground seems to be missing textures).

They are not in the placement file so don't appear.

Don't ask me how I know this - I'm just a tester ;)

Unless you can produce your own placement file for Molineux then no to the question of activating them.

Best I can do (and I will) is suggest they might be included in an update if there is one.

Please, everyone, I have not said there is to be an update. That's beyond my pay grade.

Edit - just being nosey! Do those two stadiums have a particular significance for you?

All the best,

John

Before your post with the POI’s (Thanks for that!) I searched through the texture folder to see what it might include that will conflict with sceneries from elsewhere. 😂 

I’m not clever enough to produce a placement file so I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a future update.

And no, no great significance really. I just love stadiums, they’re a nice visual reference too. Wolverhampton is untouched in terms of scenery within MSFS so Molineux would have been a really nice addition and the three stadiums so close together in Nottingham would have been cool but the City Ground being missing or melted by photogrammetry kind of spoils that a little.

Kieran

1 hour ago, kieranceltic said:

I searched through the texture folder to see what it might include that will conflict with sceneries from elsewhere.

Ingenious, a method I'd not thought of!

Unfortunately it's the FTX_EU_GBS_PLC_POI.bgl file which determines what actually appears so, sadly, what is in the texture folder is not a reliable guide to what's actually there.

As I say don't hold your breath, but I'll mention the models are there if ever an update is planned.

All the best,

John

10 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Simple answer is no I'm afraid.

All the POI's are within a single file.

All the best,

John

I know that this is nothing to do with you, and I really appreciate how helpful that you personally have been, but this is really unacceptable in my opinion. It just feels disrespectful, both to Orbx customers, and to their partners that they feel it's acceptable to dump a bunch of low quality, crappy models on top of other developers far superior work.

I don't understand how the ships could even be regarded as acceptable on any level as fit for release, as a product of the so called premier developer in the flight sim community. Static wakes? Seriously?

I am currently in the weird position with this addon for using it for inland flying to see the castles and historic buildings, but then disabling it to fly over coastal cities and towns.

The response from your CEO to these complaints that she'd refund anyone who was upset there were no giraffes in the pack just reads like a middle finger from Orbx to their userbase.

The pack should be divided into bgl files and folders so that users have some control over what content they want added. The price isn't relevant. I'd have happily paid £30 for a version that allowed me to decide if I want the ships, or masts etc added.

I can tell that you're a passionate and genuine person, who cares about the customers, but I don't think the coorporate division care at all in all honesty.

John, I appreciate your prompt communication, but Ive since removed the Orbx GB add on for all 3 UK areas .  Those ships with stationary solid wakes , Severn bridges, and many others are poor to very poor, in my opinion.  So many large buildings not even there which should be in the South West.  What a disappointment.   Longleat House for example (one of the most beautiful in SW  / no Exeter Cathedral / Wells Cathedral.  The models Ive seen are very poor, or unrealistic and too bright in my opinion.   I cant believe the South has been released like this to be honest.  I will stick to the better enhancements I already have.  If it was going to be improved and Orbx listened / acted promply to customers to fix these, then I would reconsider.  If I dont see any improvements imminent, how do I go about a refund please ? 

Edited by cool1