Gold. Some early comments.

jgruschow

I notice we are still having problems with the placement of roads.ie vehicles driving over adjacent paddocks instead of on the road. One glaring one is cars passing accross the runway at Boona. Another one that annoys me,though in blue , not gold is the traffic behaviour at Mt.Beauty.

I am having a problem with very slow appearance of auto gen buildings appearing in all built up areas. On Brisbane and Gold Coast I am almost over an area before houses appear.

I have ,surprisingly, no problem with frame rates. In all areas have not had a drop below 20fps.

Overall I am more than satisfied with the quality of gold. It is a worthy companion for blue.

Well done chaps.

Hi Jack,

thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what you mean by "vehicles driving over adjacent paddocks instead of on the road"; can you give us a few coordinates to check that? The traffic vectors are actually generated from the road vectors so they shouldn't be a mismatch. Perhaps you're referring to the roads that are parts of the textures vs. the vector roads? The former are generic and have no traffic while the latter are the real-world vectors and do carry traffic.

I've already fixed the traffic issue at Mt. Beauty and a few other of the GA BLUE airfields; those fixes will be available soon.

I'm not familiar with "Boona"; what's its ICAO or lat/long so I can check?

Cheers, Holger

Hello Jack,

looks like an add-on for that airfield, correct? VSX perhaps?

The GOLD freeware GA package will include the former VSX airfields and new add-ons and we'll adjust the road/traffic system prior to release.

Cheers, Holger

I know Boonah does have a road that crosses directly before the runway (you dont want a tall vehicle passing on finals) which may be what could be causing the problem......I reckon that the issue will be fixed up in the freeware airports package (if Bonnah is in it) when it all comes together...the roads are probably based on what the guys have already lined up for the freeware packs and will all come good. ;)

Edit:  Holger beat me to it...... ::)

Archived