New System- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

braedz

Hi Guys,

I am new here, but I thought I would post up my new system.

I have had FSX for a while but havnt had a decent system to run it properly, until now :). Just wondering if anyone is running a AMD 1055t CPU.

System Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T OC @ 3.65Ghz

4Gb DDR3 1366 RAM

1 Tb Samsung HDD

HIS 5770

Also, can anyone please point me in the right direction of how I can make FSX make the most of my 6 cores?

Cheers

Braedz

Hi Guys,

I am new here, but I thought I would post up my new system.

I have had FSX for a while but havnt had a decent system to run it properly, until now :). Just wondering if anyone is running a AMD 1055t CPU.

System Specs:

Windows 7 64bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T OC @ 3.65Ghz

4Gb DDR3 1366 RAM

1 Tb Samsung HDD

HIS 5770

Also, can anyone please point me in the right direction of how I can make FSX make the most of my 6 cores?

Cheers

Braedz

Hi Braedz, welcome! Very curious to hear how your new rig runs FSX. Are you already an FTX user, or are you planning on purchasing some of the best scenery ever for FSX? If so, I'm sure others on here would like to know how it runs on your new rig.

I am not a FTX user at this stage, but I will be soon :). I am currently at work at the moment, but I will have a better look at FTX when I get home from work tonight.

The game seems to run pretty good, just had the annoying crash with the menus etc, but I have found a fix for that...thanks to the forums :)

Cheers

Braedz

Never mind, just realised it uses all 6 by default. Gameplay is very smooth at 1680X950. All settings are set to maximum, scenery levels are kept at default slider levels under ultra settings.

I am also using D3DOverrider to force Vsync on, I havent noticed any texture tearing that people have been experiencing.

Braedz,

Great hearing an AMD user is going well with FSX/FTX!

Most Flight Sim fourms are Intel/nVidia based (ie 'the Empire', and, unfortunately, for good reason until recently) so hearing a fellow Rebellion simmer (AMD) is going well is beaut. Hoping to upgrade my meager system to AMD based in a month or 2 but reliant on sons paying back loans (never a good thing). Still waiting to see how the new ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme Motherboard for AMD goes when released.

ORBX/FTX is absolutely the best and regardless of what you may buy it will most definitely greatly enhance your FSX experience.

Paul

Braedz,

Great hearing an AMD user is going well with FSX/FTX!

Most Flight Sim fourms are Intel/nVidia based (ie 'the Empire', and, unfortunately, for good reason until recently) so hearing a fellow Rebellion simmer (AMD) is going well is beaut. Hoping to upgrade my meager system to AMD based in a month or 2 but reliant on sons paying back loans (never a good thing). Still waiting to see how the new ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme Motherboard for AMD goes when released.

ORBX/FTX is absolutely the best and regardless of what you may buy it will most definitely greatly enhance your FSX experience.

Paul

Cheers Mate :)

If you are looking to go AMD, I recommend going the Phenom II X6 1055T. It overclocks great and performs really well in FSX. I currently have the CPU overclocked @ 3.75Ghz, its a fantastic performer.

I plan downloading some of theĀ  FTX freeware this weekend.

Guest AS355F

I have both a 1055T and a 1090T and I would highly recommend paying the extra $100 (Australian) for the fully unlocked Black Edition. The base clcok speed doesn't matter as the 1055T will easily hit 3.6Ghz and it's not hard to get 4+ out of them.

My 1090T can hit 4.5Ghz without much trouble and I run FSX at 4.3Ghz. It is custom watercooled though. (Apogee XT block, Laing D5 + Laing DDC and 1/2" ID tubing.)

To get these chips to run really well use the fsx.cfg mod; [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=63. They work much better that way with 6 cores mostly pegged (it depends on scenery) the core0 is always pegged as it is with all chips but the denser it gets the harder the other cores work.

With my 5870 it is easy to hit 20+ fps at YMML with everything at max in the PMDG 747 in VC. That's about as much strain as you can get out of FSX.

Why people aren't buying these is beyond me, sometimes people think that unless you pay $1500 for a cpu then it's no good. ::)

Archived