Albany Skies

G'day all,

Scenic flight in the Cessna 172 around the area surrounding Albany, Western Australia.  Was going for some comparison shots with the enbseries mod to show a mate, but got a couple of other decent shots too.  Been messing with my settings a lot, and am now quite happy with the setup.  Using John Venema's enbseries setting here for more contrast, I usually use J van E's sunny day settings for richer colours.  Nice cloudy winter's morning using the Orbx 4 weather setting.

Posted Image

Dawn takeoff from YABA

Posted Image

Just above the clouds as the sun was getting above the layer.  Enbseries off to the left, on to the right.  Click for larger size.

[img width=1160 height=365]http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7375/albany2006201003.jpg

Flying along the coast towards Cape Riche, enbseries as above.  Much better contrast with it active.

Posted Image

Turning northwest towards the Stirling Range, over lovely mixed farmland and native scrub.

Posted Image

There's the Stirlings.  Bluff Knoll has it's head in the clouds...  Beautiful green farmland, in another couple of months this would be a sea of bright yellow canola flowers.

Posted Image

Rounding the Eastern tip of the range, heading for an outlanding on a friend's farm.

Enjoy!

Derek

Wow, thanks for the comments guys!  :D

Alan, I got J van E's settings from this thread.  They add some really nice colour on sunny days, I find it's a perfect match for flying around the northern parts of Australia... brings out the red.  The settings I used here though were JV's as I wanted a more contrasty bright-winter-sun-and-clouds effect.

Cheers,

Derek

Archived