For Jon Clarke - Assistance Request

smokey43

Hello Jon, 

Sometime ago you helped me with my Scenery.ini, Could you please take another look, I have added quite a bit over the time you last helped me. Seems my Orbx Scenery is not looking like it did. Alot of missing Autogen, Hopefully you can spend a little time and make another adjustment.

Thanks much!!

scenery_packs.ini

I cannot locate the default file of Global Airports unless my eyes are playing up:) You need that.

What are these files?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Versions/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scener Airports/

Once you have Global Airports in your Custom Scenery folder and it shows in the scenery_packs.ini I can make the necessary changes. Also check your XP Graphics settings of World Objects as it should be at Maximum as it governs the amount of autogen displayed.

Resubmit your scenery_packs when you have added Global Airports and answered me regarding the 2 files I have mentioned above.

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I cannot locate the default file of Global Airports unless my eyes are playing up:) You need that.

What are these files?

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scener Airports/

Once you have Global Airports in your Custom Scenery folder and it shows in the scenery_packs.ini I can make the necessary changes. Also check your XP Graphics settings of World Objects as it should be at Maximum as it governs the amount of autogen displayed.

Resubmit your scenery_packs when you have added Global Airports and answered me regarding the 2 files I have mentioned above.

Thanks for replying Jon, Hope you are doing well.... I have no idea what that Custom Scenery/versions it either, but just below that is the Global Airports followed by the X-plane landmarks.

6 hours ago, smokey43 said:

Thanks for replying Jon, Hope you are doing well.... I have no idea what that Custom Scenery/versions it either, but just below that is the Global Airports followed by the X-plane landmarks.

I did find out what the "versions" was in the ini, it is for Montgomery Alabama airport patch for animated people, grass, etc. and the xairports is a library.

Edited by smokey43

I understand the the file labelled s Airports but it needs to remain named as Global airport. Have you renamed the Global Airports file to "Airports" or is Global Airports inside a new folder you have named as Airports?

The path to that Airports folder is also not complete as it is labelled as this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scener Airports/               with no forward slash after the word "scener" and the word "scenery" incomplete.

These thing affect XP11.

You need to have a file labelled Global Airports and in the Custom Scenery folder and also do not rename files.

Please do the necessary and i will be happy to then sort out the scenery_packs.

Thanks for being an Orbx user as well:)

Global Airports is "There"! Look again, it is right under scenery/versions

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Serviced Aircraft Europe A320/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Tampa/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/

Jon, 

It seems correct now. Thank You, While awaiting your response I also bought Orbx Spain, can you tell me if the below is the correct order. I did put the Spain airports above these entries. 

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_EU_Spain_South_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_EU_Spain_South_TE_Default/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_EU_Spain_South_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_E_EU_Spain_South_TE_Orthos/

I am rather certain from looking at the order of the others that the Custom, Overlay and orthos is correct just unsure of the Default as I don't see that on the other Orbx TE that I have.

All correct if you have placed those files directly below Global Airports, along with the other TE addons.

Yes, the TE Spain airport file needs to be above Global Airports

TE Spain has that Default file included and you have it in the correct position under Custom and above Overlay