World Cup News Spoilers Inside

Jay Kae

Well, Germany reigned supreme against the socceroos so congratulations to all Germans on these forums! Australia still in with a chance though cause Serbia dropped the ball against Ghana *grins*

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !

Cahill's problem was that both feet left the ground and he wasn't even facing the player he felled. He hit him side on so in the referees opinion he wasn't even attempting to play the ball.

Serves him right - he should have been red carded a couple of weeks ago and that may have taught him a lesson.

Australia, sadly, will get beaten next week by Ghana but will save face with a win against Serbia.

Andy b

I agree on the red card Heiko. However, Germany was the better team in pretty much all aspects of the game.

Oh, i spelled tough wrong. Well, in the first 5 minutes i thought oh dear... But Australia could not keep up the pressure - the Germans played actually quiet smart which is a surprise lol.

Yeah, the red card should have been yellow or yellow/red at most. And i believe the 1-0 was offside... Not sure if it is also offside when you play the ball back, not forward though.

Well, Germany reigned supreme against the socceroos so congratulations to all Germans on these forums! Australia still in with a chance though cause Serbia dropped the ball against Ghana *grins*

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !

Denmark getting ready to get our butts handed to us in an orange bag. Two of our best players are more than likely out due to injuries.

So, unless the Dutch do us a favour and play in wooden shoes...

Posted Image

...the Danish Dynamite will have a wet fuse ::) But we still know how to have a good time even if we lose Posted Image

Bjorn

Yeah, the red card should have been yellow or yellow/red at most. And i believe the 1-0 was offside... Not sure if it is also offside when you play the ball back, not forward though.

I often run the side line for my son's games so I know this one ;). There are two stages to "offside". The first is being offside, the second is the offence.

To be offside you must be in the opponent's half and closer to the goal line than both the ball and the next to last opponent (doesn't have to be the keeper). You can hang around in an offside position and not be called up for it. However, at the moment that a team mate touches or plays the ball the offside player commits an offside offence if, at the judgement of the referee, he comes in to play. "Coming in to play" can mean interferring with play by touching the ball or blocking an opponent or playing the ball after a rebound off the goal, keeper or a defender.

Oh, and you can't be offside if you receive the ball directly as a result of goal kick, corner kick or a throw in.

As for that first goal. It was close, but I think it was legal :)

So, yeah, you can't be offside on a pass back by definition. You can also be well ahead of the ball and the next to last defender as long as you weren't when the ball was actually kicked (i.e. you run through them). It has nothing to do with the ball's position, or your's, once it is in flight. It is the moment of kicking that counts. For a linesmen that means you need each eye looking in a different direction at times!

Guest J van E

my feelings of sympathy go out to our danish friends who where so kind to help us win the game with 2-0. ;D

Yes, thanks, Danish friends! ;D Can't say it was deserved though, although in the 2nd half the Danish were out of ideas, so it seemed.

I was pleasantly surprised by Eljero Elia: hardly ever heard of him, I have to say... but I am sure I will hear of him more often!

All in all this was a bad start (even though 'we' won) so maybe this time we will reach the final... ;)

my feelings of sympathy go out to our danish friends who where so kind to help us win the game with 2-0. ;D

Well, what are friends for, Wolter?! ;)  But I think we were being too kind for our own good ::)  But I was surprized we managed so well in the 1st half.

Here´s to more good games  :)

Cheers

Bjorn

Archived