History still flying

John Heaton

I just came across a u tube video of a piece of history  - the only one still flying commercially.

The video is a story of a Boeing 747 - 200 - which is the aircraft that I spent 100s of hours flying around the World between 71 and 82

mainly on Qantas - on a Business  - that was allied to the aviation industry. I often spent some time in the jump seat because

I knew a few skippers - and I notice that the a/c still has 4 windows in the nose that was part of FC and the 4th window was

almost always my choice of seat - 2A. Although this is now a freighter - the cockpit is still almost identical - and still has a Flight Engineer

Although it will be for P3D - I cannot but be more patient for the release of this Oldie - by Just Flight - and even  it means that

I will still use P3D for some time to come - re-flying my travel logbook of the 70s - and meantime - trying out the one in MSFS 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Nice video for you to reminisce with John:

Cheers

John

Thanks for that John - I never really got to know the latest versions of the old lady - my last flight was 38 years ago and that was Malaysian Airlines to the UK via KL

None of the other airlines came close as far  - as I was concerned to Qantas -  and I flew with most majors -  between 71 and 82 when I retired  

Their lounge in the 200 was really "First Class" - second was Pan Am  - set up as a restaurant and bar - but that was the model with just 3 windows per side

My final fling with a Qantas flavour - was the initial thinking behind the Qantas Museum in Longreach - back in 93.

Captain Cook Lounge.jpg

Edited by John Heaton
  • Upvote 1