One issue with v5.3 and Orbx Global Base and/or openLC NA

Mach 2

Installed P3D v5.3, everything fine except this.

I have Orbx Global Base, openLC NA, and Vector, Window 10, Nvidia Titan X. All Orbx products installed OUTSIDE of sim. Airport is default

The light (strobe?) on top of the KLAS tower is causing this randomly flickering black box whenever the tower is in view from any distance.. Don't know if Orbx related or possibly a P3D setting I need to tweak?

Thus is the first airport I tried so don't know if this is a global issue.

2021-12-9_10-35-9-293.jpg

2021-12-9_10-35-14-664.jpg

Edited by Mach 2

Hi Doug,

I had run the Resynchronize Simulator and already deleted the shader folder and Prepar3D.cfg, but went ahead and deleted the shader folder again. No change. Sometimes the strobing light on top of the KLAS tower appears normally and sometimes the large black box.

I forgot to mention I also have the Orbx Southern California region (Covers Las Vegas also if I remember) and Buildings HD. Also have Traffic Global installed. Maybe it's a P3D lighting setting but I don't know what to tweak. Perhaps I could just disable the effect if you know where to find it.

2021-12-10_6-33-17-14.jpg

2021-12-10_6-33-17-115.jpg

Edited by Mach 2

Hi

I did some testing at KLAS and cannot replicate your findings, but it is definitely not an Orbx product issue.

I would say it is a graphics card or driver problem.

Does the black square go away if you pause the sim for a few moments?

Below are my P3Dv5.3 settings.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I tried your settings. CTD :lol: While I was at the desktop, deleted the shaders again. Loaded up again and no CTD.

Still getting the random black boxes at the McCarren "party strobe light" tower. If I can locate the file responsible, I'll just turn it off.

If I pause sim, it just keeps flickering. No issues at LAX. 

2021-12-11_17-51-12-378.jpg

2021-12-11_17-51-14-884.jpg

2021-12-11_17-52-37-97.jpg

2021-12-11_17-53-7-299.jpg

Are you saying that with the sim paused the light keeps flickering the black box?

The file would be a default sim file, so you would need to ask Lockheed Martin, and it would probably have more than just that light controlled by it.

What are your PC specs and settings please?

If I pause with the tower in the background, it randomly flashes normal and black box. 

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Last settings I tried were your settings. Nothing is overclocked. Titan is a GTX 980 class with 12Gb memory, driver 496.76 perhaps it's borderline with latest version of P3D

EDIT: I also just did a Verify files for all the Global products and Regions I own. Think Base found 134 files and installed as well as some other products verified however no change for the tower strobe.

EDIT 2: I see Nvidia has a newer driver 497.09 I try that and see what happens.

Edited by Mach 2

Well, the newer driver reduced the duration of the black boxes.

I tried changing the sliders under the Lighting settings and Bloom at 0.00 has stopped the tower from flashing at all and NO MORE BLACK BOX! Anything other than 0.00 causes the black boxing. 

THANKS DOUG for your help. Guess I need to school myself on what all these settings are.

Edited by Mach 2
  • Like 1