YOUTUBE video (misleading and false information)

clive6354

Hello

I am writing this message for anyone that has come into this forum seeking guideance with installing Orbx scenery using Cental 4.  The information regarding installing scenery contained in a YOUTUBE video that I refer to below is false and misleading.  The author states in the video that unless scenery is installed "his way" P3D will not run correctly.  I use all Orbx products and I have never experienced a problem running P3D when allowing "Central 4" to install Orbx content into P3D.  When using "Central4" it will not allow scenery ro be installed into the wrong location as long as you read and follow the documentation

I have watched a YOUTUBE by Adam J Pestridge titled "P3DV5 Fixing the Scenery Issues Orbx Central 4.  The author states that he is helping Orbx with the massive amount of questions they are asked on a daily basis about their own products..  The author states that if you wish P3D to run correctly Orbx scenery products  should only be installed inside the P3Dv5 main folder and not into a library folder, he states twice "DO NOT" install into a library and he does not care what Orbx say.  The author addresses the problem of not having enough space to install all scenery into the the P3Dv5 folder and contradicts his actions by informing users that they can move the Orbx folder onto another drive and link it into P3D using a program called "Junction Link Magic" .

Beware of YOUTUBE videos claiming to help and knowing better than the developers and as a result issuing false and misleading information

Clive Alexander

Hello,

thanks.

I am surprised to see that this video appears to be new, much of what it alleges about Orbx Central  may have

had some truth in 2016 but is now entirely out of date.

Orbx do not have massive amounts of support requests, either relating to P3D or indeed any other products.

Support requests for P3D have dwindled down to a very small number and of them virtually none relate to

problems encountered after installing Orbx products into an Orbx Central Library.

Following the Orbx Central user guide is infinitely preferable to following the advice in this video which 

contradicts not only Orbx's tried and tested advice but also that of Lockheed Martin.

• Like 1