FTX overwriting Default FSX scenery files?

Hi

After several reinstallations of my PC (from scratch with formatting) and also FSX + addpack I had a strange problem. I live in Spain so my defult airport is LEAL (Alicante). I started to install all my non-seceneries, such as FSGenesis, UTX (ALL versions) and GEX (All versions). YES they are legally bougt and registered. Between EVERY installation I took a backup of the important FSX-files and defragged/restarted. I checked my default location between the installations and everything was just fine.

After that I installed FTX AU Blue and......... the Mediteranian Sea was gone!!!! That is, it was there, but some 50 Nm away and the space between the normal shoreline and the "new" was filled with autogen scenery. As I had a backup of the last good working FSX with a correct shoreline, I deleted the FSX Scenery library and copied back my working one and...... the sea was back at the right place. Reinstalled FTX AU Blue and the sea was gone again. So, new deletition and copy back and everything was normal again.

After this I installed my FTX NA package with the 3 airfields and.... the sea was still there. Any idea why the sea disappears when I install the different FTX AU packages?

One more question. Do I have to "reinstall" ORBXLibs after EVERY new scenery that I buy and install from ORBX?

Jack

Archived