Game Crashes says missing files (picture included)

SWillowood

Hello, 

I am unsure of how to fix this issue - I am not very good with computers I'll start off so if I can get some help with some handholding I would be extremely thankful (meaning if you want log files etc please do tell me how to access them because I have no idea how to do that). I am trying to get my Orbx Southern california HD scenery to load and I am getting the error message in the attached image. I have verified my files twice, and I still get the error. I have my X Plane 11 installed on my internal ssd, and my scenery on an extrnal ssd (I am unable to store the scenery on the internal - I do not have enough space so it must work from the external putting it on the internal is not an option - I only mention this because when searching for this issue I found similar ones where this was recommended). I really hope you all can help me. I used to have this set up on my old Lenovo and it worked perfectly, but I recently upgraded to a new machine and I am now having issues. If it helps I use X Plane 11 through Steam. 

Best wishes, and I do very much hope you can help me. 

Sophia W. 

signal-2021-09-22-084141.jpeg

Hi Sophia

Sorry about the problem you are having. The screen message you are getting is typical of there not being enough free disk space available to download, etract, convert and install the addon.

I suggest initially you take a look at the post I wrote here:

You need to pay particular attention to the parts in the post relating to free disk space requirements.

I need you to tell me how many disk drives you have and what free disk space you have on the drives. Clicking on Properties of the drives should give you y=the info like this example:

Capture.JPG.141c5e754355eca2baf22e362f057e73.JPG

If you don't have enough free space you could also think about installing the SD version (which I use) as it is a smaller download abd requires less disk space, loads faster and is just as good in visual quality from 1500-2000ft as the HD version is from slightly lower altitudes.

The assistance I can give really also depends on your PC aptitude as some of the requirements can seem a bit daunting if you have no basic PC knowledge. We will try and assist as much as possible.

Looking further into your post it maybe that you need to move your Temp folder to your external disk. By default the temp folder is on the C drive in Windows and that is where the download and all the process of that download will take place. It would appear that your C drive will not have the required free space available.

To move the Temp folder create a new Temp folder on your external drive.

Then go to Orbx Central/settings/downloader and edit the path to that new Temp folder as shown in the pic attached.

You would only need to click on Edit then go to the external drive and find again the new temp folder and highlight it and then click on Select Folder.

Orbx Central should then have changed the path to the new Temp folder.

Also check in Orbx Central settings/downloader if you have the make Backups enabled. If so either untick that option or again create a new folder on your external drive and label it as Backups and then click on the Edit option to show the ne w backups location on your external drive. By default the Backups will go to your C drive and therefore be stored on the C drive using up valuable space.

See the pic below again which shows you the backup option on my setup as unticked in the "Automatically backup product install files" I have red marked the specific options for you:

Capture.thumb.JPG.ad18f5b2f7b373d24401ea55a519fa27.JPG