Essence of my first FTX flight hours

Meerkat

The best 19 Euros I ever spent! Can't wait until you ingenious guys will work on old Europe (you will I hope?).

All those little details, the great color and contrast balance of the textures, absolutely stunning night lights, traffic, the flocks of birds, dolphins,...

In my opinion you are the first that brought ACES' living world idea to life. 5 stars!!!

Tasmania morning

Posted Image

... and evening

Posted Image

lonely autumn fields

Posted Image

near Warramboo

Posted Image

And the icing on the cake is, that down under the day begins when we go to bed, so real time, real weather flying in the late evening is just natural. And it's autumn...

And btw., the aircraft is an Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat ultralight capable of 90 knots cruise speed and a landing speed of 35 knots.

(freeware at http://www.horizonsimulation.info/WebsiteDownloads/MSFS/Aircraft/A22Foxbat-FSX.zip)

And even with this aircraft it took 4 trials to land on Airey's inlet freeware "airfield" - needs full flaps and 40 kn in the final and short before touchdown set flaps back to 0 fore sufficient brake efficiency.

Cheers

Markus, who will dream of OZ this night  ;D ;D ;D

I think Airey's Inlet is just waste ground with a perpetual updraft.  It's easy in the Aerosoft Beaver - due to sideslipping.  I had a fly in an A22 at YDUN Dunwich, Stradbroke Is, QLD - coming in the next set of strips.

Nice shots.

Those pax in the Foxbat - are they default, or have you changed faces?

I often wondered if you can put your own face texture on the pilots in the aircraft in FSX. Does anyone know if it is possible?

(Just wanna see the shock on my father-in-law's face when he comes around and has a play... ;D)

MMM,

I've got a blank template Cessna and one of the BMPs is the face of the painter/pilot, so i guess it wouldn't be hard to map in a new face if you've got some skills with something like photoshop.

Archived