If I purchase through Orbx Central, will I be able to use my purchases on other platforms/systems such as Xbox or will it only be limited to PC?

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing products that are on sale currently with Orbx however, I am struggling to decide where I should make my purchase. Either through Orbx or the MSFS Marketplace. 

One of my deciding factors (but not majorly important) is that if I was to purchase from Orbx, would I still be able to access the scenery on Xbox? (if I were to get one)

Maybe a way of making cross payments is possible? So if I purchase it through Orbx, it would show as purchased on the MSFS marketplace? Just a thought... 

Many thanks,

Orbx is claiming that such purchases will be available on Xbox, but I don't believe it. How exactly is Orbx communicating our purchase details to Microsoft so that these purchases show up on Xbox? They aren't. Nor can they. Orbx doesn't have our Xbox login usernames. So I think they better update that advice to say that only purchases through the MSFS Marketplace will be "free" on Xbox.

From what I can see any purchases you make using central are also shown in MSFS in the content manager as installed, as your Microsoft account would usually also be the same on Xbox then I see no problem with whatever items you purchased on PC also being available on Xbox.

msfs.jpg

@BobbieH

It only shows you what is installed in the community folder. It has no way to know if you purchased a plane/scenery/etc.. This might work if serial numbers are used for installed products and MSFS can read and compare in a database to unlock a XBOX version.

Archived