Feature request

Would it be possible to add a feature to Orbx Central to allow a user to either hide individual products or mark them as already owned or similar?

There are some products I have already bought from the original vendor or other sources and being able to hide them makes it easier to see which actual products I don't have and may want to buy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

So, two months later and no glimmer of a response from Orbx. Not even an acknowledgement.

I wasn't expecting Orbx to jump to implement such a request, but an acknowledgement would strike me as a reasonable minimum response, not to mention being somewhat more polite than just ignoring me. I can understand not replying to every little post in the general forums, but this is supposed to be a support forum, and so I assume is monitored. If such a request, which I thought was reasonable and politely made, was seen but no response made - then that is simply impolite. If it was never even seen, what is the point of a support forum?

I'm not looking to create trouble here, or have a "throw my toys out of the pram" moment, but this sort of thing is pretty much what I meant in my comments about the way Orbx is perceived by some to have lost the plot a bit.

Just on the slight chance that anybody on staff bothers to read this, I would still like my original request to at least be considered. If it doesn't happen, fine. But a bit of courtesy to a fairly serious customer wouldn't go amiss either.

Hello,

I am sorry that we did not reply.

I don't think that the Orbx Central developers visit this forum any more and I missed it.

as far as I am aware, to accommodate your request would require a complete rewrite of the way that it works,

as it reads what is installed by looking at its own file structure on the customer's PC.

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Shame the appropriate developers can't be bothered to check this forum but nothing surprises me any more.

I will try creating fake entries (symlinks or similar) in the Orbx library folders for those products I already own via the original vendors. I hate looking at Central and trying to remember if the very few I don't have flagged as owned are genuinely stuff I don't own or just stuff I decided I don't want - a rare but occasional thing.

I'm perfectly fine about getting my updates from the original vendors, I just wanted a more accurate list of what I own.