Quick question about the free "HolgerMesh"

Aceshigh

hi..

I have the free HolgerMesh installed and its great but a slight glitch happens with the "Aerosoft Lord Howe Island X" add on.

With the holgerMesh ticked on in the scene library I can see through the mountains ? 

The Aerosoft "add on" was installed weeks ago long before FTX or the mesh.

I just have to remember to untick the mesh before loading the Aerosoft Lord howe island.

.. but is there a hotfix, patch or a reason?  :)

Thanks.

Posted Image

Hi there,

I don't own the Lord Howe add-on but my mesh file for the island is separate from the rest so deactivating it should do the trick.

Look for "Australia_mesh_multiLOD4-10_LordHowe.bgl" in my mesh scenery folder and rename it to "Australia_mesh_multiLOD4-10_LordHowe.bgl.off".

Let us know if that works.

Cheers, Holger

I have no issues with Holgermesh and the Aerosoft Lord Howe Island scenery at all.  I also have FSGlobal X installed. I have made sure that holgermesh is at the top of the scenery list with all the FTX entries.  Seems to work fine for me.

Screenshot of my Scenery library.  Are these in the best or correct order ??

Ranaming the file worked.  I wonder why others did not have this little glitch with the Aerosoft add on ?

Does my Scenery Library need re-arranging ?   Should the Holger Mesh be right at the top ?  :)

Posted Image

Working now, no glitch wth file renamed. As long as my scenery library is in the correct order, all is working.  If the is a newer or different solution please let me know.  Thanks.

Posted Image

Your scenery order is the same as mine.  Every time I install a new scenery I make sure that all the OrbX entries are at the top of the tree.  After all it is the very best addon for FSX so it deserves to be at the top  ;D ;D

Only other suggestion I can think of is that I got the scenery when it was first released and installed it then.  I have installed several other sceneries since.  Maybe something that I have installed makes a difference.  Dunno.  I also made certain that I turned FTX Mode off as suggested. I turn it off, install the new scenery, then run FSX, then shut down FSX, reapply FTX Mode and then run FSX again and manually move the new scenery additions around.  So far doing this, I have had no issues with any of my addon sceneries.  It is probably unnecessary to do the on and off again steps with FSX, but it seems to work for me fine and isn't really that much of a hassle as I usually go for a quick blast around the new area anyway.  I also don't seem to have any issues leaving FTX Mode on all the time when flying outside AU Blue.  Not that I really do that very often anymore unless it is at night :)

Glad it is working for you finally and I hope that you enjoy the scenery as much as I do :)  An approach at dusk or dawn with a thunderstorm in the area is absolutely spectacular!

Archived