HDR vs non-HDR

harpsi

Hi

I am finishing my setup with the last thing: the monitor.

I know that with a big high end GPU everyone would advice a 4K monitor. The situation is: I don't have too much G-Sync monitors available and the budget is not too much right now.

Probably I am going to buy Dell Allienware AW3420DW because I have a big discount at the moment. But... this monitor is only 8 bits and no HDR. Is this a big problem?

After thinking, rethinking, having some extra bugdet and seeing that good monitors are also in shortage like GPUs, I have now two options at a great discount:

- Dell Allienware AW3420DW with G-Sync native, 3440*1440, but no HDR >>> 863 euros 

- LG 48A16LA 48" OLED UltraHD 4K with fixed refresh rate at 60 Hz and it seems with HDR10 (is it true?) >>> 1015 euros

My main problem is tearing, lag or stutters when MSFS is going to 20-30 fps since I like to have all types of extra addons installed like AI aircraft, volumetric clouds and so on... 

Which one to choose? I still have 1 day to decide...

My main specs are: i9-10900K, Asus RTX 3090 OC, MSI MEG Z490 ACE, RAM 32 GB 3200 CL16 and Kraken Z73.

Answering Jon Clarke, I am in Portugal where there is some shortage of good monitors. But I bought half of my new computer in Spain and components were here in 1 or 2 days... And FreeSync is not recommended for NVidia GPUs, as far as I know from many comments here.

Edited by harpsi