Connection interrupted is back..... with a vengeance

I recall in early 2020 having a nightmare trying to download any of my products from Orbx Central, due to Connection Interrupted, Retrying... problems.

Today, I'm on my 3rd day of trying to download any of my products from Orbx Central.

When I begin a download, all starts ok. Then, after around 2 minutes, Connection Interrupted begins to appear... at first it appears every 10 seconds or so, but things worsen and eventually, I have Connection Interrupted almost constantly, with only sporadic moments where downloading (at very slow speeds) actually happens.

What concerned me most, was on discovering that the "manual download" option for regions/True Earth products has been removed. 

It therefore seems utterly impossible for me to download my products.

For info, I'm in the UK, and have no issues with my high speed fibre optic broadband connection.

I know this was a problem in 2020, but it is most certainly still a problem in June 2021, so thought it best to point this out.

OrbxCentralProblem.jpg.1c912879f2b1d77011dc7aa5f86301b6.jpg

I'm pulling my hair out - to reiterate, this has been going on constantly, day and night, for 3 days.

Would appreciate any help, as I am completely unable to access my extensive Orbx products portfolio.

Thanks.

• David Rogers changed the title to Connection interrupted is back..... with a vengeance

Hi David,

in Central's options menu, under Downloader, try setting concurrency to Hard Disk Drive, which reduces the number of parallel download threads.

Another tip is to prevent OC from being the only app downloading data, e.g., running a random YT movie in the background helped in my case.

Not sure if you're having the same issue though; for me it was that the multiple threads somehow "overwhelmed" my modem, causing the interruptions.

Cheers, Holger

Archived