Moving scenery to a different drive

Sorry if obvious, but I do not see it: Is there an easy way to move installed scnerey to another drive or folder, but so that Orbx Central does recognize it (other than delete and fresh install)?

Of course I can move stuff and alias it all myself, but then Central doesn't recognise it as installed anymore.

Orbx Central will recognise symbolic Links but not shortcuts. 

See the attached User Guide for Orbx Central page 21:

Moving a library to another location Moving a library is painless with Central and can be achieved in a few steps only: 1. Go to Settings > Libraries. 2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move. 3. Remove the library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files). 4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”. 5. Move the directory to the new location in your operating system. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed. 6. Start Central again 7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page 8. Press ‘Create New Library’ 9. Select the new library location, give it a name and then press ‘Save’. Central will automatically scan the library for installed products, and then configure your simulators appropriately

Central User Guide.pdf

25 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Orbx Central will recognise symbolic Links but not shortcuts. 

See the attached User Guide for Orbx Central page 21:

Moving a library to another location Moving a library is painless with Central and can be achieved in a few steps only: 1. Go to Settings > Libraries. 2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move. 3. Remove the library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files). 4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”. 5. Move the directory to the new location in your operating system. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed. 6. Start Central again 7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page 8. Press ‘Create New Library’ 9. Select the new library location, give it a name and then press ‘Save’. Central will automatically scan the library for installed products, and then configure your simulators appropriately

Central User Guide.pdf 1.13 MB · 0 downloads

Does not work on OSX it seems. I moved Florida, aliased it (it loads fine) and Central shows as not installed.

Edit: Think I found the reason. Somehow Central did not recognise or save my new library setting. I'll try again

Edited by woweezowee

Tried it with my Norcal Install. From a library that I deleted in Central into the simulator CS directly. I only moved the files in the subfolder "custom scenery", but Central after re-start is unable to recognize it. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-30 um 21.10.38.png