Link to a product

Before I download Central and purchase a product, I have a question about how Central's links work. I would like to install Orbx products on a separate drive than my MSFS 2020 is installed. The manual says that installed products "will be seamlessly linked to your simulator in the background." I'm assuming with symbolic links.

My question - Will I have control as to when those links are enabled?

I currently use Addons Linker with MSFS 2020, and only load the addons that I will need for any given flight. Will Central link and load the products every time I run MSFS?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Thank you for your patience Nick. I appreciate that.

I decided to download Central and try it out with a free download before spending money on something that will not perform as I need it to. Central put the product into a folder that I specified. Good. Then it created it's own link into my Community folder. Not good. So I tried to disable that link and could not find where to do that. Could you please precisely explain where I can manage those links?

• 7 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 5:05 PM, RedAdironadack said:

I decided to download Central and try it out with a free download...

I think I'm in the exact same situation you're in: MSFS installed on C: (SSD) and using MSFS Addons Linker with my community folder on D: (HDD). Did you ever get this working? Can you post how? Thanks!