2S1 - Airshow

Hello,

Thank you so much for the newest addition to PNW!  2S1 is wonderful, to say the least.  However, the reason I am writing is that I cannot get the Airshow to show up...I have redownloaded it, checked and unchecked the control panel....nothing seems to bring the Airshow up.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Paul

The Airshow is a mode, rather than a show as far as I can ascertain.  In Airshow mode there are additional people, vehicles and a tent etc, but as far as I know there are no airshow AI aircraft programmed.  I think the idea is you perform an airshow for the appreciative locals.

Well...I have seen screen shots of the airshow crowd, tent and additional aircraft, thus I believe this is supposed to be an actual airshow depicted......

Paul

Guest simtechdave

@ Paul:

Are you using the 2S1 Control panel to activate the airshow?  The install program may have put an icon on your desktop, it is also in FTXCentral.  Using the control panel is the only way to activate the airshow or seasonal changes to some of the trees and shrubs.

As for the airshow itself, there are no AI planes performing, the scenery depicts a typical small town airshow/fly-in.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes...I have put the checkmark in and also took it out...Still no  Airshow........What I am expecting is the tent and people hanging around it (At least that is what I saw in one of the pictures from another user).

Paul

Guest simtechdave

Paul,

Go to:      Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_2S1\Scenery

Look for the file: ORBX_PNW_2S!_Airshow_PLC.bgl

First see if it's there.  If so, does it have the .OFF extension showing?  If it has the .OFF extension the airshow will not be visible, this file is controlled by the control panel, ie. when airshow is enabled, the file will not have the .OFF extension, when disabled it does. Make sure airshow is enabled then make sure the file does not have the .OFF extension.  I believe you can manually edit the file by renaming it... just remove the .OFF  Once the file and the control panel are in sync it should work..... hopefully.

Hope that works for you.

Thank you Dave.  I did find the file and made sure it didn't have the .off extension...It didn't....I even went to the control panel and checked and unchecked to make sure the .off extension would show up...it did.    However, I am still unable to see the airshow :'(

Oh well....It is not a show stopper...The rest of the scenery looks great!

Thank you!

Paul

I am a bit confused.............I have this installed, and I do see many more planes, gliders, cars, etc,.......and the trees are different from before (I have them both checked on the icon), but, question, is there an "airshow"??..............or just getting ready for one................I have been at Vashon a few times notw, but it has been raining so hard I barely got off the ground so did not see any "airshow" airplanes in the air...................As others have said , this is not a big deal, and I appreciate the new "free" addon, but just a little confused as to what I am supposed to be seeing......................Dick Leonard

What Wolter says is right.  The airshow mode sets up the scenery for an airshow by adding more static planes on the ground, people, more marquees, more dunnies, more cars.  As to extra planes in the air, you have to provide that, either solo or via multiplayer.  The latter is of course the best way to enjoy air show mode.

However  in my case, as I have been trying to find the answer to; there are no people and other things along the runway...... ???

Still a good addon though!!!  :)

Paul, other possibility, as Tim harris has pointed out, is that some of the airshow scenery comes from the scenery which is made available through the Gold and/or Acceleration packs for FSX.  I'm pretty sure this includes people, and probably some things like some chairs, bins, some marquees, and so on.  Can you check whether you get an increase in cars parked along the southern road, and some extra static aircraft beside the runway.  If you are getting those, then your airshow scenery is turning on okay, but it's just missing the library objects which come with the FSX expansion packs.  The only way you can see those extra scenery objects is to get one or other expansion pack.

cheers

John

Paul, other possibility, as Tim harris has pointed out, is that some of the airshow scenery comes from the scenery which is made available through the Gold and/or Acceleration packs for FSX.

Could it also be a problem of the Scenery Complexity setting being too low?

I tried adjusting the scenery complexity, no difference.  It could be that because I don't have FSX Acceleration, that I am missing some scenery objects.  It appears that all I am missing is the two tents and people hanging around them.....

Paul

Now I know what to look for, but I have SP 2 installed, not sure about the "acceleration package", is this a Microsoft addon??  and the other was the expansion pack, are you referring to the two patches for PNW, library and ?other one to install last??...........that will get the crown showing up, but with all the rain there, maybe noone wants to be outside.................Dick Leonard

Interesting...I found that I could see the tents with the Direct X 10 preview checked.  I guess that box has something to do with "Acceleration"?  Anyway, I do not know if having that box checked affects performance...I am still experimenting......

Back to the labratory......

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Thank you for a wonderful scenery...  i would just like to warn though  that i think since i used FTX Central to uncheck airshow everything was fine i think  but i used FTXCentral to activate Vashion Airshow and i flew in from Darrington but so far get FSX Critical shutdown about five mile outside vashion.  Now i believe i know the reason why by using FTXCentral instead of the Control panel for Vashion itself...  good info

I will retry using the Panel on desktop and report back.

Thanks Steve

Archived