Problem at Olympic Park

normandean

When I first installed PNW I visted Olympic Park and the scenery was in order. I haven't been there again for a little while now, but after having installed the PNW patch, Derrington, the Vashon addons and finally the FTX Objects I once more flew to have a look at the water runway. This time this is what I saw:

Posted Image

Now, I have checked the ADF file and the elevation adjustment and they are both set to 453ft, but the top of that mound is 502ft. I have also asked friends who have the scenery and they do not have this aberration, so it has to be something on my system.

When I installed 1S2 Darrington, I saw that in the scenery\world\scenery folder there were two adjustment files. One the 1S2 bgl and the other 1S2 off. As FTX central was off at the time I deleted the bgl, and checked that Darrington was in order when PNW was activated. I don't know if there is a connection here.

Of course I could always make and insert a flatten, but I would rather like to know what is the cause of the problem.

Any ideas please.

By the way, if you read this, Holger, the invisible mountain NE of Vancouver that I posted about vanished when I removed the FSGenisis mesh for the area. (I have tried removing the FSGenisis mesh here).

Norman

Hello Norman,

you should have a file named "ADE_FTX_PNW_WA45_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in Scenery\World\scenery and 453 feet is the correct altitude. If you do have that file then I suspect that the "mound" is from another add-on. Try dectivating anything sitting above PNW in the scenery library menu.

Thanks for the heads-up on the invisible mountain in regards to the FSGenesis mesh.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Many thanks for the reply.

I do have the height adjustment file in the scenery\world\scenery folder and the height is correct at 453 ft. The only scenery that I have above PNW is Tongass Fyords, Victoria Plus and Vancouver Plus. I have a separate cfg file for the US and Canada, so position of the scenery files is easy to adjust and there is not too much to clash. I rely on FTX Central to insert the files, but I could make a manual adjustment after loading to bring the PNW files to the top. I now have the FSGenisis meshes removed from the scenery folders and they are now in a separate folder from which I can inactivate them according to region, so I know that they are not involved. If moving the PNW files up does not make a change I can simply insert a flatten.

Norman

Hi Norman,

what's odd is that the raised area coincides with a small patch of apron included in the PNW version of WA45. Since aprons create their own flattens it does appear as if the airport elevation correction doesn't work properly. Perhaps do a Windows search for all active bgl files with "WA45" as part of their names to check for any files that may override PNW. In addition to scenery add-ons some AI packages also contain airport files.

Cheers, Holger

Already done that Holger. However, it must be something peculiar to me, as non of my friends with PNW has this problem. As you say, it does coincide with the apron around the hangar, that's why I htought I would post here for ideas.

Norman

Archived