True Earth GB South: some foreign objects instead of the correct ones, e.g. London, Tower Bridge & London Eye

raba

Hello,

in my installation of TE GB South, done via Orbx Central, there are several strange anomalities, e. g. in London, instead of Tower Bridge, some very simple office building is displayed in the Thames river, "London Eye" is suppressed, too, and others - see attached screenshot. (Tower Bridge & London Eye are included, I'm sure?) I can't see where this comes from, maybe from X-Europe? In my scenery_packs.ini, however, the X-Europe folders are sorted below the TE custom folders which include the objects. 

I'd be grateful for help. I also attach my scenery_packs.ini file.

Orbx_TE-GB-South_London-TowerBridge.png

scenery_packs.ini

Here is a corrected scenery_packs. I have enabled London Landmarks and placed it above the TEGB South entries as they are required to add to the landmarks within TEGB South. That is why you are seeing some default features like that block of flats instead of a bridge.

All should correct now after you replace your existing scenery_packs with the attached one.

scenery_packs.ini

Yes, thanks, it obviously was the London landmarks. I had assumed they should be disabled when TEGB's landmarks are active.

The London landmarks, however, don't really connect to the scenery, at least partly, e. g. Tower Bridge is just standing on its own, no connection to the streets and consequently no cars driving; same with Westminster Bridge (Big Ben), etc. But I guess such things aren't easy to fix.

As to the control panel for toogling road types: I'd definitely prefer the photorealistic roads, but in the TEGB London streets the ortho colour is so greenish - as if there were meadows - that in total, it looks very unrealistic. On the other hand, it is somehow unfortunate that the XP default roads have those prominent white edges that contribute to a very unrealistic impression, too.

Archived