True Earth Great Britain Central

JohnHump

Hi, I am running out of space on my internal hard drive so I uninstalled and then re installed True Earth CG Central into a Library onto an external ssd. I have verified the file and can see there is a link shown in my Custom Scenery folder in X-Plane. Any help would be appreciated. 

Not quite sure what the problem is. I assume you are saying that the scenery doesn't display when you fly in TEGB Central?

When you created a library on your external SSD did you then edit the path to that file in Orbx Central?

On reinstalling, did Orbx Central see the new library and offer it as an installation option?

Is there a link showing in your scenery_packs.ini as well as your Custom Scenery folder?

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Not quite sure what the problem is. I assume you are saying that the scenery doesn't display when you fly in TEGB Central?

When you created a library on your external SSD did you then edit the path to that file in Orbx Central?

On reinstalling, did Orbx Central see the new library and offer it as an installation option?

Is there a link showing in your scenery_packs.ini as well as your Custom Scenery folder?

Hi, because I have installed and uninstalled it so many times I decided to delate everything connected to X-Plane 11, addons, Orbx and clean the computer. I have now today started a complete clean installation of X-Plane 11 onto an external SSD. I have added nothing to this. I then started to install from Orbx Central and I'm told to Orbx needs an empty file, So I set up a file called New Folder. Then I Installed it came up with the same thing there are problems with some of files. Verification may fix this. Run verification everything ok. Run the program EGBB, Birmingham and I receive the following message just get the X-Plane view no sight of True Earth. IAM NOT A COMPUTER EXPERT SO I NEED HELP. Find two screen shots and the X-Plane 11 Log

Untitled.png

1.png

Log.txt

I am wanting to help but operating remotely means i need your input and answers to any questions i ask. i trust you understand.

Thanks and rest assured we will get you fixed

Please therefore answer the questions I posed in my last post:

Please open Orbx central and then click on the down arrow as shown in pic 1 abd tell me if there are more than one offerings of XP 11 in the drop down section. My pic shows I had installations at the time. This is important because you need to ensure that the installation now in your SSD external drive. You probably have still got the option of the original installation showing and we would need to remove that entry if it is there. Repot back on that please.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ef263ad12b0f1911d8f1b13b73de1d27.JPG

8 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I am wanting to help but operating remotely means i need your input and answers to any questions i ask. i trust you understand.

Thanks and rest assured we will get you fixed

Please therefore answer the questions I posed in my last post:

Please open Orbx central and then click on the down arrow as shown in pic 1 abd tell me if there are more than one offerings of XP 11 in the drop down section. My pic shows I had installations at the time. This is important because you need to ensure that the installation now in your SSD external drive. You probably have still got the option of the original installation showing and we would need to remove that entry if it is there. Repot back on that please.

Sorry to mess you about but I am going to install on my main drive until this is sortrd then I think about moving to SSD. I am pulling my hair out.

right question one -  See screen clip 1

question 2 see clip 4

question 3 see clip 5

two other clips showing setting in Orbx

There is a clip showing the location of the Library and gbr-central -xp11 There is nothing in the Library and the gbr-central-xp11 have all the compressed files 

ORBX 1.png

ORBX 4.png

ORBX 5.png

ORBX 2.png

ORBX 3.png

Custom Sc.png

Libary.png

Is all working OK? We will of course need to move to the SSD if that is still your plan. We can make a new attempt when you want to move it.

Can you answer the last part of my questions regarding whether you ot more than one XP installation option as in my pic

Archived