True Earth in & out

Hi,

I have a question relating to TE. I have previously installed TE southern England to my old P3D V4 installation. I loved the look it brought to my simulator but found that with a complex aircraft such as the FSLabs A3XX, the performance trade-off was just too great.

My current P3D V5.1 based sim runs on newer hardware and performs very well with regions and global and FSL/PMDG aircraft, so I am tempted to revisit TE.

However, when I removed TE from my last setup, I found that it had appeared to have left a number of problems, with scenery not displaying as it should in places. I can't remember the exact nature of the issues and I can't remember how I removed the scenery.

(Here's the actual question!) If, I install TE into my current sim, is there a recognised and clean way of removing it again should I need to; preferably a method that won't cause any ongoing problems with global and regions and will return the sim to its exact previous configuration? It has literally taken me many days and evenings of installing and configuring to get my sim working as I want it to and I'm just a little nervous about messing it up!

With thanks,

Luke

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you install TE into an Orbx Library, then no files will be added to P3D and it can

be enabled or disabled with a click of the mouse in the add-ons list.

Ok, that sounds sensible. You've twisted my arm @Nick Cooper. I'll give it another crack! :-)

Thanks!

Archived