after PNW demo FSX gone black

Just a note, I had the demo for a while, and it worked fine, so when you get it running, you will soon be anxious to get the whole package which I did...........now I am going allover the PNW,  it is GREAT!!!...........R Leonard 9961482

looks like you are missing some basic textures, probably with uninstalling and deleting files they got hosed, not much I can do at this, I'd say bite the bullit and start from scratch making sure that after the uninstall of fsX you delete all related folders and files.

actually i am very upset. i wanted to fly over this beautiful scenery. i think i am not lucky for this addon.

i have deleted every file and folder even directories but no matter.

good flight everyone .

regards

:)

here are my system specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

FSX + Acceleration

Nhancer

AMD X4 630 @ 3.3 ghz

Gigabyte GA78 Mainborad

Leadtek GTX 260

Kingston 2*2 DDR 2 ram

Directx 9

When my 4th installation of fsx, i couldn't even fsx.exe in fsx directory and find and copy it from nhancer profile :S

everything goes worse and worse.

i wonder what files modified by ftx installation. is there any backup chance?

uninstalling and reinstall the whole sim is pretty hard for me.

Hi guerra

If you have deleted the Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X folder from your computer and from the trash can, and then shut down and re-booted, there should be nothing left in your computer to corrupt FSX.  Run a registry cleaner program to clean up any orphan registry entires, then re-install FSX including Service Packs or Acceleration.  Before adding anything else, start up and you'll get the default Friday harbor flight with the trike.  You should get the normal sceney.  If so then a correctly downloaded install of PNW demo should work.

If you still have the texture problems it must be something else causing it, though I can't imagine what.

• 9 months later...

hi guys, i am very sorry for bumping this very old topic. but today i tried to install it again and same result.

black textures or mixed textures (waters everywhere) follows my aircraft.

i think my terrain.cfg file messed up and i think there is a terrain.cfg conflict. when i replace it with my old terrain.cfg file my textures have came back.

when i try to add folders to addon scenery folder manually, it looks worked but i have elevation problem in this situation :S

sorry for my bad english and need your advises.

Archived