TrueEarth stuttering

Hello,

I gave in and bought trueearth socal the last day thinking I'd finally have a los angeles area worth its salt. 

Initally it seemed that the performance was higher than without ( i assume this is because it overriden the default custom scenery)

I however began having some pretty nasty stutters while panning and moving around.

Please help me remedy this so i can enjoy your product. 

My settings are fairly midrange and I'd rather not change them too much. I would like to know if i could reduce the number of objects popping in as i assume that is what is causing the stuttering.

My system is a Ryzen 5800x 32gb ddr4 m2.ssd and rtx 3090. So its definetly not my machine.

55 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you should be able to remedy this by reducing the autogen distance to medium.

This typically stops it from popping in and helps with stutters.

I will try that, mine are probably one step higher.  If that doesn't work what else can i try?

LOD or scenery complexity?

Can I disable some bgls?

Hello,

I would not recommend disabling any parts of the scenery but shadows and autogen seem to be the hardest hitters.

Try without shadows and see what happens.

This is not really a problem with the product, rather it is that there is so much detail in the area that the simulator has

to work very hard.

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I would not recommend disabling any parts of the scenery but shadows and autogen seem to be the hardest hitters.

Try without shadows and see what happens.

This is not really a problem with the product, rather it is that there is so much detail in the area that the simulator has

to work very hard.

My setup is already set to cast shadows on the plane and by the plane to the ground. With clouds and and terrain. No casting from ground source.

Should i seek compatibity with fsdt klax as well? I didn't notice any issues when i first installled it.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

You could still try without any shadows.

I found the problem and I'm afraid it's on your end. It can be solved if you provide us with a control panel to reduce the draw distance/ complexity of the objects that are controlled by the Scenery complexity slider.

Having my settings unchanged I ended up reducing the scenery complexity slider to sparse, this made the skyline of los angeles vanish and my stutter dissapeared completely. No other settings could alleviate the problem, not even no autogen with zero draw distance.

In the meanwhile perhaps you could tell me what scenery objects can be disabled.
Maybe updating to v4HF3 could help?

I updated to HF3 and did indeed see an improvement.

It's too tiny of an improvement however.

Please make a control panel so the scenery complexity can be adjusted. Until then the scenery will be uninstalled.

Archived