True Earth Great Britain Central

JohnHump

I am having problems with TrueEarth GB Central although the top left menue saying installed I get a box pop up stating that '1282 Files failed to extract & 420 Files failed to extract'. I get the same if I verify files, should I uninstall and reinstall.

Welcome to the forums.

The simple answer is yes, but only after having read the link I give regarding the installation process and requirements for installing successfully a s True Earth addon due to the size of the downloads and extraction requirements.

Particular attention needs to be paid to the disk free space needed on both the disk that houses your Temp folder and the disk that the actual installed addon will be going onto. If both  the Temp and the installation are going on the same drive you would need at least 150 +GB of free space. Much of that space would be free up again after a completed installation. The Temp folder will take the download of 17GB, extract it's content to double the size approximately and then start converting the Othos jpg files into DDS format which will again double the size of that folder. Then it will install on your chosen location. If you have Backup copy enabled it will also store that on your C drive.

I also attach a pic of what to check and adjust as necessary the Conversion process.

The True Earth files are very large and therefore require more attention to install etc than say an airport addon.

297991812_Conversionsetting.thumb.JPG.2c6fe9e85005f8c060f5ab8a2494d488.JPG

Thank you for your help with this issue. I have considered running X-Plane 11 from an SSD Drive but then someone told me I can arrange for TrueEarth GB to be run direct from my SSD drive. This will save me some space. I have also considered installing everything from the start and cleaning up the whole thing. If I do this can I then have TrueEarth installed, and run, from my SSD drive. I can then look at purchasing other Orbx scenery. Many thanks.

You can place your scenery addons anywhere you want via the option in Orbx Central to create a library in which to install your addons.

Runn9ng the TE addons from a SSD is a good idea as it will improve the load times of flights from within  in the chosen TE area. 

See page 20+ in the attached User Guide

Central User Guide.pdf

6 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

You can place your scenery addons anywhere you want via the option in Orbx Central to create a library in which to install your addons.

Runn9ng the TE addons from a SSD is a good idea as it will improve the load times of flights from within  in the chosen TE area. 

See page 20+ in the attached User Guide

Central User Guide.pdf 1.13 MB · 0 downloads

Ok I try that thanks again for your help

Archived