Airport Elevation Issue After Installing Orbx Scenery

I recently purchased and installed Orbx Global Base, Global Vectors plus I installed the free HD airports pack and the scenery looks amazing but I'm having airport elevation issues now.  I just ran the "Introduction to mountain flying" mission where I flew from Bernard United States Forest Service Airport (U54) to Lower Loon Creek Airport (ID67).  U54 looks fine but when I got to ID67 it was in a big hole.  I'm new to installing addon scenery so I don't know if I did something wrong or if it's some other issue.  This is the only airport I've seen this way so far but I haven't gone to a lot of different locations yet since installing the scenery so I don't know if there are others.  I've done this mission many times and never had the elevation issue before so I'm guessing it must be related to the scenery or the airports pack I installed.  I did read somewhere something about vector tools that fix airport elevation issues so do I need to buy and use one of those after installing the scenery?  I really appreciate any help, Thanks.

Ahh so I already have FTX Vector tool.  I didn't realize it came with my purchase.  I will give it a try.  Thanks for the quick reply.  So if I run the auto configuration it should correct the elevation issues as well as disable any elevation issues I see manually?

Ok I disabled Vector AEC for ID67 and it worked but I still don't know how to fix the elevation issue I have near KLGA.  How can I fix that since it's not an airport, it's just land/water area?

Wow that's crazy.  I didn't know that's what that river actually looked like.  The banks looks so unbelievably steep that I assumed it must be related to elevation issues because it looks similar to those issues.  Thank you so much Nick for taking the time to answer my questions.  Though I've been playing FSX since it's initial release in 2006 I've only recently been getting into modding it, adding scenery, editing the fsx.CFG file etc. so I still have much to learn.  Even though I do own the new MSFS 2020, I still find myself using FSX often mostly due to the huge variety of aircraft I can fly that do not yet exist for the new MSFS.

Ok so I noticed that KGLA itself has an elevation issue as I noticed it's raised slightly higher than it should be and I also ran the Aleutian Cargo Run mission and when I got to Chernofski Harbor (KCN) which is a dock was completely land locked now so I can not access the dock.  I tried the same method of using the Vector configuration tool to disable them but I can't find either KGLA or KCN in the enabled or disabled lists at all so I have no way to enable or disable AEC for those airports.  How do I fix these airports/harbors?

The only scenery I've added is Orbx Global Base, Orbx Global Vector the Global HD Airports. I do have a third party clouds and water addon but I don't think this could be the cause because I've been to these airports after installing that and before installing the Orbx scenery and they looked fine.  It's only after installing the Orbx scenery that this happened.

• 3 weeks later...

So no answer then I guess?

I can live with La Guardia being the way it is since it's only minor but the issues of not being able to access docks or in another case I found, an entire lake is now dried up and gone (The first dock you're supposed to land at in Amazon Trek).  I enjoy flying floatplanes and doing the missions over again so I'm really disappointed the scenery ruins so many places I like to fly.

Ok, so it's likely that Vector is causing the issues with the docks and harbors?  I'm asking because I want to know if I can still have the Global Base pack enabled when I fly to those places.  I wanted to be able to experience places like the harbors and docks with better than default scenery.  Also would the OpenLC packs cause any issues like this?  I don't have any of those yet but I'm thinking about purchasing them.

Archived