LWSK Sode Jetway at Gate 201 Heavy unable to connect to jet door

3 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

this is an obvious bug

Hi there.

Sorry I missed your original post.

Apart from this I hope you are enjoying this nice piece of Freeware as much as I enjoyed testing it.

Which airplane are you using?

I just double checked and the old default FSX 737 I used for testing has no problems.

I started at gate 201, requested the jetway and got it.

1005221397_Gate201.thumb.jpg.351ecde4acdbc295f988490cf49165a8.jpg

However if I use a 747 I see what I suspect you are describing. I doubt that a 747 is a realistic aircraft here but, hey, it is a simulator :lol:

778745090_Gate201747.thumb.jpg.9785329438e9f1faec7936553d9fc591.jpg

Looking at it I'm a bit surprised it won't dock with the 747.

All the best,

John

been using the QW 787, and SODE says the door height for the jetway won't work to meet this door. The parameters for the QW 787 are correct since it works everywhere else except here. I have tried multiple time with no luck, keep getting same errors. Multiple errors at same time from SODE message.

22 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

I'll try again, maybe my parking is incorrect even though I started at that gate in start up

Hi.

Worth a try. Sometimes moving a bit forward or back seems to solve the problem but, If you are having the same problem I had with the 747, it's the height of the door that seems to be the issue. I tried moving back and forward in the 747 but that didn't help.

Let us know if you have any success then I'll try and get in touch with Teo (the designer) and ask.

All the best,

John

the 787 does fit into this heavy gate correctly, it is the jetway that doesn't like it though. NO success with my parking from anywhere. Please do get in touch with designer, maybe jetway parameters are off for this gate in SODE. AFCAD seems to be correct, and no issue with using GSX for everything else except the jetway.

1 hour ago, Flyer626 said:

maybe jetway parameters are off for this gate in SODE

I had a play with this.

When I edited the following file and changed the highlighted value 1.21743 to 1.1 (so the line becomes bridge_dip = 1.1, 19.9024) I found the jetway docked with the 747.

I think it might mean, however, that the jetway wheels are slightly sunk into the ground.

2070458307_Gate201sode.thumb.jpg.a6644a9ec3f828fee720b3660bf4da38.jpg

If you fancy trying it let me know how you get on.

All the best,

John

6 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

Also in regards to the jetway wheels sunk into the ground, does that mean the AFCAD elevation is then incorrect?

Hi,

The afcad is fine, it's just I had a suspicion that making the suggested change had lowered the jetway model slightly.

Without the actual aircraft it's hard to advise - you could try even lower values (say 0.1 to start with) and see if it works.

All the best,

John

On 3/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Flyer626 said:

Should I now try uninstalling and reinstalling as the last thing I can try to make this jetway workable for my planes?

Hi there.

At the moment the jetway is not working with your planes and uninstall re-install won't help.

I've been trying to look into this a bit further and assume you are using the latest version of the QW 787. I see there have been some issues with that particular plane and SODE but, from the manual I found, the 1.2 update tried to deal with them. I tried to look on the QW forums to find any more info but they seem to only be accessible to registered users.

Hope to have time tomorrow to see if I can replicate your messages with my 747 which might give me some idea of what to suggest.

All the best,

John

Hi There,

I really apologize I didn't saw your post.

Actually, I said the same to John, in real-life the larger aircrafts like 747, 777, 787 are going to Stand 1, so Gate 201 is commonly used by Wizz Air and Austrian Airlines A321, sometimes A320, A319..So, I was going to match to real life as much as I can, so I don't think this is a problem, but a real-life thing..IF I change the code for the jetway to match the larger aircrafts, it is not going to work with the smaller ones, like 737, 320, 321, 319..

Cheers

Teo

18 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

thanks, QW 787 is at 1.4

Okay, as I understand things that's the most up to date.

I finally got in touch with Teo and, as he just replied, it sounds as if the passengers in larger jets get to use stairs at stand 1 - hopefully GSX works well there.

If you want to try and get the Gate 201 jetway working I looked in more detail at how I got it going with the 747.

I found I could get two issues reported by SODE.

Gate 201 1.jpg

The 'Aircraft Door too high for the jetway (during dip)' I could solve by moving the aircraft forward (though backward might be needed sometimes).

1165554716_Gate2012.thumb.jpg.2aba6807dcce518d3a4d1650f10cd69e.jpg

To solve the 'Aircraft Door out of Jetway Elevation Range' I edited the line in the jetway.cfg file from:

bridge_dip = 1.21743, 19.9024

to

bridge_dip = 1.0, 19.9024

seemed to work consistently.

Reloaded SODE and the the jetway docked successfully using the SODE menu..

An unorthodox approach but it worked though GSX still won't operate the jetway

2142525256_Gate2013.thumb.jpg.451b37e448c543446e84edf46a9d084d.jpg

Anyway, going to stand 1 seems to be the most realistic solution.

Just tried it in the 747 and GSX gave me 3 sets of steps :)

1834852840_stand1.thumb.jpg.d4f2014629d7db84224fd8ef083b9d8d.jpg

All the best,

John

Thanks for all your help, I have tried your suggestions with my 747, but it never connected. Your 747 appears to be a bit smaller, is it an SP model?. I will now just use stand 1 as suggested. Since of course this is a freeway scenery I will just let this issue go and leave it alone since the airport is quite good. I am thankful to you for trying.

Marc

Archived