Missing file in Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/

DerryUK

Orbx GB south is not correctly installed.

1:05:58.413 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/aad0xfb90x17M.ter
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: | ../textures/aad0xfb90x17.dds
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:206)
1:05:58.413 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents of file aad0xfb90x17m.ter is:

A
TERRAIN

LOAD_CENTER 51.24816 -3.09814 3062 4096
BASE_TEX_NOWRAP ../textures/aad0xfb90x17.dds
WET
BORDER_TEX ../textures/1550x1f70M.png
NO_SHADOW

Files in the textures directory are:

ac40xfca0x17.dds
ac80xfc70x17.dds

So as xplane said the file aad0xfb90x17.dds is missing in textures.

I have run the verify option several times with no effect, ie it doesn't install the missing file.

What's to be done please?

Derry.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

The message is typical of not having enough free disk space available.
Please read the link  and ensure you meet ALL the requirements.
Particular attention needs to be made to the references of free disk space both on the disk to which downloads go into your Temp folder and the free space required for the installation.
Guides on how to move your Temp  folder if required are also in the link.
Failure to convert the files is a strong indication of not enough free disk space on either the C drive where Windows places your Temp drive by default, or the drive you are wanting to install on. 

Always difficult to try and resolve an issue like this remotely as you can appreciate, so bear with me and hopefully we can get this resolved.

Is you XP now on your D drive or still on C drive?

Move your Temp folder to D rive anyway and Edit via Orbx Central the path/location etc of your Temp folder.

I attach a pic to illustrate the process.

I need to ask you to delete any backup copy of TEGB South if you have the Backup option enabled. The default location of the Backup files is also in the pic below.

Reboot your PC and then do a reinstall to your chosen XP11 installation. If you still have it on C drive then we know that the drive has 470GB of free space so  plenty for the installation to be sent to and also that it won't now have the Temp folder on it as well.

What free space is there on D drive?

I don't know what you internet is like so apologies if this means a long slow download etc but staring fresh with all the criteria in place should hopefully prove fruitful.

1.thumb.JPG.2d0f8ec1d42b63ae9763a1e3b0903be0.JPG

My Orbx scenery is on C. I have moved the temp to D. I have 788GB free on D.

Do you want me to install South again, this will be my 4th time? It started on C, when I had probelems I reinstalled on D. Still problems so I reinstalled windows and all Orbx scenery on C again along with Xplane of course.

Thanks for your help.

I would suggest an uninstall/reinstall may the best and cleanest option.

Is your XP installation now also on D drive or still on C. If on C I would recommend you get it installed off C drive as that drive houses your OS and has "permissions" etc and has restrictions on it to safe guard the OS system. Also if you get an issue with Windows you may lose XP installation.

Also remove any backup copy that may still exist. Reboot PC.

Open Orbx Scenery and got to Settings/Downloader option and check that the Concurrency setting is correct for the type of Disk drive you are installing on to and then change the Conversions rate to Moderate. 

Download and Reinstall

See the attached pic for details.

1301856832_Conversionsetting.thumb.JPG.e630140f6f261196301ea577a9e4978c.JPG

Archived