Uninstall/Re-install Questions & Question about "No response received. Message timed out"

Today, after deleting the original Southern California region to replace it with True Earth SoCal, I was told by Orbx Central that there as not enough disk space.  Sure enough, I ran out of free space.  So I elected to uninstall it. Well that didn't work.  I received the following Error message: "No response received. Message timed out".  I was left with a P3D drive with absolutely no disk space left, all 465GB used.  That was not going to work.  I tried also the option to load TE SoCal into the Library folder, which is on a different SSD drive -- my default P3D folder is on its own M2 2240 drive.  TE SoCal did not fully uninstall from the Orbx Library folder either.  

I went ahead, using Orbx Central, deleted all Orbx products.  Here is what I have on the Orbx Library folder:

image.png.e4e7f93c48aaa794dad00d75f301f94c.png

Here is what is in the H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Orbx\FTX_NA folder:

image.png.b60e08838b00870e188b1670b80a9b0c.png

I assume that these are the file left over from the failed TE SoCal install into M2 P3D drive?  

Here's what is left in my Prepar3D v4\Orbx folder:

image.png.c02d2b22231652c91a0be5bc0d434d85.png

Most are empty, but some have a few files in there.

Question number 1:  I need to clear out all the old Orbx files.  May I delete everything in my Prepar3D v4\Orbx folder without crashing P3D and making it unusable?  Is there anything else I need to delete to get back to a stable, safe configuration to reinstall Orbx? 

Question 2:  Where to install the Orbx files for best performance.  Yes, the M2 is the fastest drive, and I am considering a larger drive.  What Orbx can/should go on the M2 Drive in the Prepar3D folder, and which files are safe...and acceptable from a performance side...to place on a SSD drive (not the M2 drive)?

Question 3:  Orbx Central does not appear to do a disk space check before installing.  Can that be fixed with a future revision? 

Question 4: What does one do when they receive "No response received. Message timed out" message and how to address any issues left behind in its wake? 

My log file is attached. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Rich Boll

Wichita KS

central.log

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Doug!

I'll take a look at this.  I might be able to delete the back up files.  Worse case, I have to reinstall P3D, right?  Like I've never had to do that before! :-) 

thanks again!

Rich Boll

Archived