List of steps to uninstall Chaseplane

Please, provide just a simple list of steps?

This program does not uninstall itself.

This is what I've tried.

1. a complete uninstall of ChasePlane via Orbx Central
  2. In windows, remove all the files in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Parallel 42
  3. In windows, remove all the files in your Orbx download location directory: X:\Orbx \p42-chaseplane <<<
  4. Reboot machine

Nope.

The utility has replaced default cameras in Prepar3D, and Track IR won't work at all anymore in the sim.

I also deleted the files from ... users/(your name)/AppData/Roaming/Parallel 45/ChasePlane ...  and still no joy.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

I purchased the ChasePlane software from Orbx.

Orbx are the organisation who sends me the nicely formatted emails asking me to buy more products.

To buy those products from Orbx. In the Orbx shop.

The Orbx shop where I've spent over $600.00 in the past couple of months. And feeling OK about that, because Orbx is an established, reputable company that stands by the products they sell. After 40+ years of purchasing computer hardware and software, I now only purchase from established companies. Name brands.

Because name brands value their name.

So this weekend, influenced by Orbx' very professional marketing efforts, I went to the Orbx store and purchased Chaseplane.

I used the very nice Orbx central to install ChasePlane, where it sat in my Orbx library.

After 4 hours of testing I decided that the product didn't fit the way I use Prepar3D. I used the uninstall feature in Orbx Central to uninstall Chaseplane and returned to Prepar3D to continue doing what I do.

But - like a piece of ransomware - Chaseplane was still there and had taken control of the virtual cockpit view and _disabled Track IR_.

The installation wizard for Chaseplane had mentioned it would alter camera files in Prepar3D, and the tutorial I ran after installation talked about rerouting Track IR through Chaseplane. That was a potential worry, and in fact it did alter the behaviour of Track IR.

But there was no cause for concern, as the Orbx uninstallation would surely revert Prepar3D to my previous settings. Yes?

No.

On restarting Prepar3D Chaseplane was still there and TrackIR now _did not work at all_.

Here I will spare readers the 3 hours I spent googling answers and implementing "fixes".

Suffice to say Prepar3D and TrackIR are still bricked.

I have indeed contacted the authors of Chaseplane, the software I bought in good faith from Orbx, in the Orbx shop and installed with Orbx Central, and attempted to uninstall with Orbx Central...

and...

Chaseplane apparently only go to the office Monday to Friday, __offer a 3 day response time__, and suggest I install DISCORD and ask the question on their forum.

May I cordially suggest that a representative of Orbx:

1. Obtain the necessary uninstall information and
  2. Make that information available to the customers of Orbx?

Hello,

in the case of Chaseplane, Orbx Direct is no more than a marketing organisation, advertising and retailing the product that is developed by Parallel 42.

No one at Orbx has any more access to the files or indeed any more working knowledge than any paying customer.

For this reason, each Partner's product page contains an explanation as to where the customer should go for product support and a link to that location.

This is perfectly normal practice and is the policy of all online software retailers, such as SimMarket and Aerosoft.

As a fellow customer, I see that Chaseplane amends the cameras.cfg file in the appdata\roaming\Lockheed Martin folder, using the suffix .fsfx.bkp.

I would be inclined to set aside the file that has been modified and restore the backup.

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply.

I hear what you are saying about reselling.

IMO the Orbx interface should distinguish between the Orbx gear and the caveat emptor gear.  The Orbx store page absolutely doesn't make it clear that the prog requires a manual uninstall. Not your problem, I understand that, I'll be putting my views to the folks who make the policy on the store.

For dummies like me I've made a list of the 21 steps required and hope this helps people. I've also communicated this back to //42.

http://www.migman.com/sw/prepar3d/track-ir.php

Archived